Remember Me [4]

- C H A P T E R  F O U R - 

"Jay, it's really good to see you after a month," dad said as we all sat.

 "It's good to see you too, Tom," Jay smiled

"Oh, this is Eric," dad introduced, gesturing his hand towards Eric, "he...is staying with us for a while." 

Jay looked over at Eric and forced on the tiniest smile. "Nice to meet you." 

Eric nodded but didn't smile. "You too." 

Jay instantly turned to me with a serious face. "Is he your...boyfr-"

"No way!" I exclaimed before he could finish. 

How could Jay even think like that? Had he not known me at all or did he always start  daydreaming when I tell him that I wouldn't get into anymore relationships. 

"He's just a friend," I explained, "nothing more."

"Yeah, she's too boring for me," Eric laughed. 

"Boring?" I retorted. "I am not boring" 

"Yes you are." 

"No I'm not! And...I can be fun," I folded my arms and looked away. 

"Rose, why don't you four going riding?" Dad suggested before Eric could argue back. 

"Sure," I muttered. 

Standing up, I heard a faint sound of someone’s phone ringing. Seeing as no one else was checking there's, I was guessing it was mine. I ran to my bedroom and pulled it out from the drawer and placed it by my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Rose! It's Celeste," Celeste, my best friend since high school, squealed. 

"Hey! How are you?" 

"Well, I'm still at my parents house and I'm leaving in a couple of days," she explained, "I've decided to come stay with you. Oh and I'm sorry I haven't called you in ages. Mum and dad just really want me to do a lot of family stuff." 

"It's alright," I told her. I honestly forgot all about her but I wasn't going to say that to my best friend. 

"What's new?" 

"You have no idea," I said.

"Tell me!"

"I'm going horse riding now so when you come, I’ll explain everything." 

"Is it anything to do with a boy?" 

"What no?" I exclaimed. It wasn't a complete lie. 

"Oh my god! It is!" 

"No it isn't. It's nothing actually."

"Fine, you don't have to tell me now," she said. "I'll see you in a couple of hours." 

What? She just said she was coming in a couple of days. She was going to come home early just because of what I said. "No, Celeste-" 

"Bye." 

Celeste. That girl is just crazy. Why couldn't I find anyone normal to be best friends with? 

"Hey, are you coming?" Harry said in an annoyed voice from behind me. 

"Yeah, whatever."

When I arrived at the barn, Jay and Eric had already tacked up. Eric was on Twilight and Jay was on one of our dads’ horse, Cookie, a dark brown Caspian Horse. He was quite an old horse but he was still in perfect shape.