Remember Me [15]

- C H A P T E R  F I F T E E N - 

Because the three lazy pants wern't bothered to go and get some clothes from my house, I was left with no choice but to do it myself. I grabbed Harry and Eric some shorts I found lying of the radiator and a vest and shorts for me. I was't going to bring any t-shirts for them but just in case, I yanked two out from Harry's wardrobe. Celeste did't want me to forget anything so she told me to get her whole suitcase with me, which was pretty heavy. Just before leaving, I brought along a few snacks I found in the cupboards, crisps, popcorn seeds, chocolate bars and two packets of jam donuts that I was hiding from Harry, seeing as he couldn't keep his hands off them. 

When I returned back to the DeBarge family's' home, I stopped for a moment before entering to 'ooh' and 'aah.' The beauty of it never seemed to fail to amaze me. The front door was painted white and had an antique lion door knocker. On both sides of the door were two long, translucent glass that has a floral pattern on them. The were two steps before entering; they were built from marble and looked absolutely stunning. Especially with the flower beds on both sides of the small steps. The flowers were looking a little dead but they were away for two months and no one was there to water them. Normally, they would bloom beautifully and show of their bright colours. 

I dropped off the food bag into their large kitchen and headed to the patio, where the swimming pool was. I had forgotten how big their garden was. They had a large swimming pool; it took up half of the space for their patio but it always gave it a finished look. There was a maple coloured table and a few chairs surrounding it and a white rocking chairs. There was also a little plank that you can jump on to get in the water and a red slide. The floor was tiled with mint brushed sandstone and it matched the colour of the cream house. In the corner, they had a big blue shed. To me, it looked more like a mini house than a shed. Mr. DeBarge had built it himself which was why it looked very original. It had all their names painted around the door and on each window was a picture of them and a hand print. 

Mrs. DeBarge was very rich; her husband, Allen DeBarge, was a very successful business man. They owned one of the biggest houses in town and half of this house was rebuilt by them. When they moved down here, this was just a medium size house and there was never this massive garden with an in-ground pool. Mrs. DeBarge even had her own beautiful rose bush and four acres of land where she would plant her vegetables. But they too were facing the same situation as us; no rain meant no vegetables. 

"Hey everybody, i'm back," I said, loudly. 

No one seemed have taken any notice of me; they were all busy having fun. Without me. 

Tisha and Jamal were already in their swim suits. Tisha was in purple and Jamal was wearing blue shorts. Eric was sitting by the edge of the pool, his trousers rolled up and his feet dipped into the water whilst he took care of the two little ones. He was holding onto a rope that was attached to the water hammock that Jamal was lying on so comfortably. I didn't worry if he drifted off accidentally because there was no way he'd fall over; they were four tiny walls on the hammock to prevent anyone from falling and also he had on armbands. Whilst Jamal was chilling, Tisha was trying to catch the big beach ball that Eric was throwing around.

I noticed that Rita and Celeste were no where to be found in the pool. I scanned almost the whole patio, yet I could not see them.

"Celeste, can you pass me those pair of sunglasses?" asked a voice from my right. 

I turned my head to my right and found both of them, slurping on juice whilst they lay down on the deckchairs with their shades on. They seemed so chilled and relaxed. Typical them to be doing that than be in the water.