Chapter 24

I was lying on the bed, silently bawling my eyes out. I was trying to process what happened to me. I think I was going into a state of shock. My mind kept conjuring up images of Tristan holding me while we were asleep, holding my hand while we walked down the road, tossing me over his shoulder when I made fun of him and his terrible cooking skills. My mind was trying to keep me safe but my heart knew different. My heart knew what really happened.

I was raped.

As if taking me once wasn't enough, Carlos had raped me three or four times more, keeping it up all night. All the fight I had left me. I just lied there and took it, silently watching the minutes slowly pass by on the bedside clock. I couldn't scream anymore and I couldn't yell anymore. My tears were the only things that kept me awake. They were a sad reminder of the pathetic loser that I was.

After he had had his fill, Carlos put back on his clothes, kissed me on my lips, thanked me for the 'ride' and left a lasting impression in my mind. I lied on the bed for God knows how long before I decided to put back on the useless clothes that offered me no protection. I desperately wanted a shower but I felt highly disgusted with myself. Trash was trash. What was the point of trying to look presentable? I was already the lowest of the low. So, I dragged myself up on the bed, ignoring the pain between my thighs, and huddled as close as I could to the bed head, pulling my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around my knees. My tears were my new best friend.

I don't know how long I sat on the bed; could have been minutes, hours, even a lifetime. When I heard the door opening, I didn't even move from my position nor did I look up. I just wanted to be left alone to wallow in my misery.

The bed dipped. I forced myself to at least see who was gracing me with their presence. Moving robotically, I looked up to see Damien staring at me, a genuine smile on his face. He pushed a small plate in front of me containing a ham sandwich and a handful of grapes. I admit, I was starving but at that moment, I didn't care. Heaven Chambers no longer existed. I was now a hollow, emotionless robot.

I moved my eyes away from the plate and stared emotionlessly at Damien. He sighed and put the plate on the bedside table.

"How are you, Heaven? Did you have fun last night?" He asked, his smile turning into a huge grin.

I just stared at him, not really taking note of his sarcasm. He had planned that explosive night since the first time we met, I'm sure of it. Why he had to rub it in, I had no idea. He finally broke me.

"Go away, Damien," I croaked and stared through the window.

He shook his head and sighed. "No can do, darling. We have a phone call to make. Answer when I say and you will be fine."

Damien pulled out a mobile phone and tapped his fingers on the phone, dialing someone rather important or 911 for me because if he didn't get out of here soon, I would lose control over the little sanity I had left and snap. He turned on the speaker.

"Hello?"

I gasped. I knew that voice.

"Hello?" the person snapped.

Damien snapped his fingers in my face but I wasn't paying attention to him. It was him. He was here.

"Tristan?" I whispered.

"Heaven!" I heard shuffling over the phone and I knew that he just gotten up from his desk. I was so in sync with him that I could tell just what he was doing. "Heaven, baby girl, are you alright? Please tell me, where are you?" I could hear the distress and concern in his voice.

I turned my head away from the phone, trying to calm my hopelessly fluttering heart. It wasn't doing me any good to hear his voice when all I wanted was to be in his embrace. I missed him so much, it hurt.