Chapter 32: Epilogue

Sorry it's so late. WiFi is a serious pain in the butt.

~~~~~

1 YEAR LATER

"Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Bryson Lanning!"

Bryson and Yasmine turned towards the ecstatic audience, their hands linked together to commemorate their new union. Walking down the aisle with big smiles on their faces, they carefully ducked the rice grains being thrown their way.

Falling in line behind the bride and groom, Landon and Hadassah linked arms and joined the newlyweds as they marched down the aisle now blanketed with rice grains. A huge smile was on my face. This could not be a more joyous occasion.

"Ready, Miss Chambers?"

My smile got bigger. I turned to the man on my right, his arm held out; ready to be received. My heart fluttered. He looked mighty dapper in his crisp black tuxedo, white shirt and pink tie. I hated to see pink on men but Tristan Devareaux pulled it off.

Linking my arm with his, I nodded my head. "Lead the way, Mr. Devareaux."

We walked down the aisle and burst through the front door where Bryson and Yasmine were posing for a photographer who happily snapped their picture. In no time at all, Landon, Hadassah, Tristan and I found ourselves with the Bryson and Yasmine posing in funny angles and enjoying ourselves on front of the camera as the attendees for the wedding enjoyed drinks and little snacks at the reception in the magnificent Prestige Hotel across the street from the church.

It felt good to let loose and live.

While I was recovering at the hospital in Paris, Tristan told me about the videos that Damien sent to him and how he found me. I was mad at Damien for showing Tristan my moment of weakness but I was also glad that it helped him in his search to find me. I learned that Alexis Vanderpool had been extradicted to New York and charged with kidnapping, accessory to statutory rape and attempted murder. She pleaded insanity but the judge saw through that act and gave her twenty years to life in jail. I felt bad for her and wanted to see her, I don't know why but I wanted to put all this behind me and forget it. Tristan went ballistic on me when I told him what I wanted to do once I was free to leave the hospital. In the end, I got my way.

To say she was shocked to see me was an understatement. She looked like she thought that I would jump her in jail but when I smiled at her and told her that I'd forgiven her, she settled down. Alexis was all alone. Her father had disowned her once he found about her schemes with Damien. To Tristan's complete horror, I made it my mission to visit Alexis every Saturday. She was slowly opening up to me and we were on the road to becoming great friends. I never told Alexis the truth about Damien's hatred for her. She was already in hell.

Bryson and Yasmine had decided to hold off on their wedding plans until I was fully recovered and had the baby. According to Yasmine, she was not having one of her maid of honors looking like a bleached whale at the altar. The wedding plans were set back until a year later. Bryson couldn't wait to marry the love of his life and demanded that I hurry up and give birth.

To everyone's complete and utter amazement, I gave birth to a twin, a boy and a girl. It seemed that when I went for the million ultrasounds and doctor checkups that almighty Tristan Devareaux insist that I attend, they had missed my baby boy that was hiding behind his big sister. The joys of my life, Dominique Shiloh Francesca Devareaux and Evan Adrian Parker Devareaux; the complete replicas of their father. At six months old, the twin was everyone's little sunshine.

My sweet darling sister shocked Yasmine and I as we were getting ready for Yasmine's wedding. Hadassah squealed that she was pregnant and then proceeded to burst into a tears, afraid that her husband wouldn't want the baby. Landon, being as he was coming to make sure that we were ready, heard the news, jumped for joy and kissed his wife up and down.

Now it was just Yasmine.

The reception was in full swing. The ballroom that Bryson and Yasmine rented was beautifully decorated. The food was amazing. The music was lively and full of life and fun.

My boyfriend and I were sitting at a table, the twin fast asleep in his arms. The bride and groom were currently on the dance floor. Landon and Hadassah were in a secluded corner of the room heavily making out, no doubt celebrating my sister's pregnancy. Jason and Clarissa Devareaux were standing in the buffet line, their laughter bubbling while Cherish who was now three years old stood wide eyed, staring at the food in front of her.

After the accident, Clarissa came to her senses and welcomed her children with open arms. She profusely apologized to my sister and welcomed Bryson, Hadassah and I into the family. As usual, she fell for Cherish's charms. Who could ever resist that little angel? Now, Clarissa was always over at Landon's and Hadassah's house doting on little Cherish.

"Hey," Tristan said "Want to take a walk with me? I've got something for you."

I tilted my head as I stared at him in confusion. "What about the twin?

Chuckling, Tristan stood up, a big grin etched on his lips. "I'm sure they can enjoy the fresh air."

And that's how I found myself sitting on a bench in the courtyard of the Prestige Hotel. The air blew softly, whispering its soft melody in my air. The courtyard was beautifully decorated for the wedding. There was a long red carpet with scattered pink rose petals and silver glitter. Statues of fairies stood in a circle around the most magnificent fountain I had ever seen. Lights glittered the courtyard. It was truly a beautiful sight.

Tristan sat next to me on the bench, Evan snuggled close to his heart. Tristan couldn't hold both our little angels in his arms so I took Dominique who had woken up at first before curling up in my arms, sighing in contentment.

"Hey," he whispered, bringing my attention away from the beauty before us. "Can you dig into my pants pocket? Your gift awaits you."

He angled Evan in such a way that I had access to his pocket. Curious as to what was in there for me, I pulled out a velvet box. I opened it, gasping aloud. Sitting neatly in the box on light blue satin material was the most exquisite ring I had ever seen. In the middle of the ring was a blue oval shaped gemstone surrounded my tiny diamonds.

I looked at Tristan who was staring lovingly at me. "Is this....?" I couldn't even speak. I was too stunned to say anything.

"I would get down on one knee as is tradition but as you can see I have my hands tied with a darling rascal. I want to marry you Heaven. You gave me the most precious gift I could ever ask for. I love you for who you are and who you will continue to be. You're amazing, insightful, devastatingly beautiful and I'm lucky to have you. I'm lucky that you gave me two wonderful children. You're the only one in the house without the Devareaux name and I want to change that. Will you marry me?"

The lights above us made him look heavenly, almost godlike. I looked at the ring before looking at back at his hopeful expression. Smiling, I nodded my head. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you."

I shot up from the bench, careful of fast asleep Dominique in my arms and planted the softest kiss on his lips. Slipping the ring on my finger, I took in the breathtaking smile the man I was deeply and truly in love with shot me. His eyes were glittering with happiness.

Soon he would be kissing me senseless for a whole different reason. I had my own secret gift to give. One that we would love forever in seven and half months. Shh!! Don't tell him, he'd find out that little surprise all on his own.

Just as I did.