Chapter 9 (Pic of Yasmine)

Picture of Yasmine, played by Ashley Tisdale----->

~~~~~~~

"Heaven!"

A huge grin escaped my lips as a small girl with curly blond hair in two pigtails and dressed in a pink Dora the explorer jumpsuit tackled my legs, nearly making me fall to the floor. I reached for her, hoisting her up to wrap her legs around my waist. She sported a bright pink blush on her already rosy cheeks and a grin large enough to split her face in half.

"Hi, Cherish. Where's your daddy?" I asked, looking around for him.

It was hard to find Landon in this huge sea of people. Heck, it was hard to find anyone. Mrs. Devareaux seemed to have invited all of New York and even asked people from Russia, Paris and Southeast Asia to join in as well. The woman went all out for a social gathering. The expanse of land surrounding the Devareaux Castle was swarming with people, all venturing from the high society part of New York.

The Devareaux Castle as it was so aptly named was just that, a castle. This house made Tristan's mansion look like Barbie's playhouse. The exterior was painted in beige with stripes of white and gray. Statues of angels and cherubs adorned the two car driveway like servants waiting on their masters. The backyard was surrounded by a beautiful garden filled with a variety of flowers, their perfumes giving a hint to the upcoming spring season.

Landon appeared behind me, tickling my sides, making both Cherish and I squeal and laugh in delight. "Of course her daddy would be right behind her. So glad you could make it, Heaven." He glanced at his brother whose face remained passive for the entire exchange except for the barely visible smile on his lips as he looked at his niece. "Well, TD, you actually made it. I'm impressed. And here I was thinking you'd be too busy."

Tristan narrowed his eyes at Landon. "You really have no faith in me, don't you little brother?"

Landon gave a hearty chuckle and shook his head. "Well, Yas and I made a bet. Looks like she won."

A loud squeal interrupted the conversation. Before we could turn to see what the fuss was about, Tristan's body jerked forward and a painful groan escaped his lips as his hands went up to hold whatever made him stumble. Laughter bubbled from Landon and I as we realised that it was Yasmine who jumped onto Tristan's back in excitement.

"Tristy, you came!"

Tristan rolled his eyes in annoyance but the small grin on his face contradicted his mood. "I told Landon that I would, Yas."

Yasmine jumped off of Tristan and walked around him. "I haven't seen you in a long time," she said, pouting her lips, knowing very well that Tristan hated to disappoint her.

"Three weeks is not a long time."

Yasmine snorted and rolled her eyes. "Three weeks to me is like a thousand years when I don't see your pretty face, big brother."

Tristan smirked. "Oh, you flatter me too much, Yas. Thank you."

She scoffed and pushed her French braid over her shoulder. "Whatever, Tristan." Yasmine glanced at me and a full blown smile erupted on her face. "Heaven! How nice of you to come!"

Yasmine Devareaux was the baby of the family. At twenty two years of age, she had the body of a model that many women often dreamed of. Her sand colored hair was rich and curly and her baby blue eyes often sparked with excitement and amusement. Yasmine was tall since she was born into a family where height was the most dominant feature but she had a slender body to compliment that extremely particular feature. She was also pretty beyond belief. Like Landon, she looked nothing like their older brother. Yasmine was currently studying to become a pediatrician; her love to care for sick children driving her passion to be a child doctor.