Chapter 2

OH CRAP! i was almost late for my interview. I went running down the street. I was running as fast as i could. I finally arrived in the stadium. I quickly walked to where the inter viewer was sitting there. I looked at my watch 3:29. i walked down the steps of the outside stadium. i sighed and walked to the interviewer. he was holding a notebook and pencil. he looked up at me.

"sit down" he said. i sat down in one of the chairs. I guess he was reading my resumay.

"Avalon...right" he said.

"yes" i said nervous. this was my first job interview.

"i have to ask you a question" he said "do you know or are a fan of one direction"

I paused "well.....i heard their music but i don't really know who they are"

"your hired then" he said. Why would he ask me a dumb question like that?

"follow me" he said. He walked me to a supply closet.

"this is your closet that you'll use to clean the stadium" he said.

"okay" i said.

He looked at his watch. "your shift starts now" he walked away. I grabbed a vacuum and headed to the stairs and started in. I knew what to do, i headed to the steps. I started vacuuming. i had get in between each sea, and vacuum the carpets that covered the stadium. My aunt told me that i had to be home at 8:00 so i had to work really fast.

* * * * *

I was half way through when i heard some voices on stage. I squinted my eyes to see who they were. i saw......OH MY GOSH...i looked at the kid with blond hair. That was the same kid that Sidney had a poster of. This was one direction on stage. I just kept doing my job. I didn't really care for them like Sidney, Gracie and Cora. i just kept vacuuming. That's why the interviewer asked me that weird question. He probably thought that i would like pay attention to them the whole time and not focus on my job. i heard them singing, i guess they were practicing for a concert.

I kept cleaning, till one of them threw some trash at me. I fell to the floor when it hit me.

"OW" I shouted.

Three of them laughed at me. I rolled my eyes. The other two looked at me. It was the blond kid and kid with brown hair flipped to one side. He climbed down the stairs of the stadium.

"are you all right" he asked.

I rubbed my head "yeah I'm fine"

He held his hand out "let me help you up"

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. I dusted myself off.

"I'm sorry about my friends" he said as he smiled at me "they can be rude sometimes"

I looked at this kid "thanks for helping me" I said.

"so.....your the new janitor?" he said

"yep" I replied awkwardly "it payed really good"

"your not from around here......eh" he said.

"I just moved from Florida....in the U.S."I replied.

"that's cool" he said back at me. The rest of the boys were calling him....but I couldn't hear what they were saying though.

"sorry" he said as he climbed up the stairs "my names Liam by the way"

"I'm Avalon" I shouted back.

He waved at me "bye Avalon see you tomorrow"

I waved back. He was the first person in my life to not yell, laugh, or make fun of me.......ever!!!

I finally finished my job and started to head back home. I walked to my house and opened the black iron fence. I stepped through the doors and headed up stairs. I saw Cora looking through my closet. I stood there and stared at her "what are you doing?" I asked her.

"I want to burn something" she said with a grin on her face.

"your mom said that you can't play with fire" I said.

She looked at me weird " I'm fourteen, I can do whatever the h**l I want b**h!"

I rolled my eyes at her. I hate it when they call me swear word names.....or even when they swear. " just get out" I said as I pointed to the door.

She started leaving "B**H!" she shouted at me as she left. I turned around and locked my door and sighed. I still can't believe that kid Liam was so nice to me today! I put on some grey sweat pants and a gray tank top and climbed in bed. I leaned over and turned off the lights.