Training Starts Now

The school bell announces our freedom. Nate and I practically run out of the class and into my Ferrari.

“Where are we training again?” Nate asks me when I drive the Ferrari away from school and towards home.

“The pack’s training ground. Brad’s older sister, Bree will be there,” I tell him.

Nate suddenly looks devastated at the mention of Brad. He’s still blaming himself for Brad’s death. I concentrate fully on the road, not wanting to look at Nate.

“Should we teach them to use silver?” Nate asks me.

I shake my head. “Better not. Silver also affects the werewolves.”

“If they are fighting in wolf form, there must be at least two wolves against one hybrid,” Nate states.

“We’ll see how many pack warriors did Alpha Green picked. Antoine and Gwen does not know of this so you must make up an excuse later when we see her,” I warn Nate.

“I don’t like to lie to her,” Nate mumbles almost to himself.

We reach Uncle Scott’s house, where Grace and Gwen are already waiting outside. Gwen immediately runs towards Nate and Nate run out of the Ferrari, carries her, twirling them around in circles.

“I missed you!” Gwen says, bursting into tears.

“I missed you too, Gwenny.”

Grace rolls her eyes while I fake gag.

“She has been crying and laughing at the same time while you two were gone. Are pregnant werewolves this emotional?” Grace asks me.

I shrug. “I don’t know. Do I look like I have experienced pregnancy before?”

“Cassie and Rick left about a few minutes ago. You should have seen how happy Cassie is,” Grace informs me, walking towards the Ferrari.

“That’s great,” I remark. “They should spend more time.”

Grace gives me a questioning look. “Are you okay, Mel? You look a little pale.”

I take a deep breath and give her a fake smile. “Yes, I’m alright. We should get going. Our clients are waiting for us.”

“What do you mean by clients?” Gwen asks me.

Nate kisses her cheeks. “We’ll be back before you know it, Gwenny. Why don’t you watch some How I Met Your Mother episodes while I’m gone?”

“I don’t want you to go,” Gwen whines.

“That’s okay, Nate. You can stay with Gwen. Grace and I can handle it,” I say. I seriously don’t like hanging out with Nate whenever he’s far from Gwen. He’s like an emotionless robot.

“Are you sure, Mel?” he checks.

“Yup!” Grace pipes in. “Just don’t mess up the house. Who knows how wild you two can be.”

Gwen and Nate blushes when Grace says that. Grace and I laugh at how red their faces turn.

“Let’s go, Grace,” I say.

I drive us to the pack house, where Alpha Green and a ten pack warriors, including Bree stands in front of the house.

“Alpha Green,” I say politely. He’s an Alpha so I have to respect him just as he respects me.

“Melanie. I heard of Bree’s confrontation and I would like to apologize for her behavior,” Alpha says, giving Bree a glare. Bree uncomfortably looks down at the ground with shame.

“That’s alright. She deserves to know the truth of her brother’s death,” I say, glancing at Bree. Bree looks up and give me a small smile of thanks.

“We should get started on training,” Grace speaks up, staring at Bree.

“Yes, I have a feeling the battle is in a few days’ time,” I lie. Two more days.

Alpha Green nods in agreement. “Then let’s get started.”

Author's Note

Hello, people! In the last update, I can't put in all your names in the sequel (Sorry, but it was too many!) But I have an idea of writing a spin-off on Bree's POV. What do you think? Don't worry, there'll be a sequel, just that the other book will concentrate more on Brad's sister, Bree. Ooh, and the Coke party? Someone get The Walking Dead DVDs and a fridge full of bottles of Coca-Cola!

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.