Pickup Delivery

“Come on, Cass. I know you can do this!” I encourage.

Cassie closes her eyes tightly in concentration.

I decided not to tell anyone about my weird dream. Even if I end up dead, at least I’m able to save Nate and Gwen. Ever since my near-death, Nate has been watching my every move, which is irritating. Tomorrow we have school so I have to try to get Cassie back to human so she can go to school. No matter what, I think Cassie deserves a bright future than being a hunter. Nate has Gwen, I am planning to be a HQ agent and Cassie will be left alone. What if the pack won’t accept Cassie for what she is? They would try to kill her!

Maybe I should consider talking to her about her future.

Cassie huffs softly as I hear a bone crack.

“You’re doing it!” I yell out in excitement.

My yelling causes her to lose her concentration. I sheepishly give her an apologetic look which she glares at.

“Sorry,” I mumble, rubbing the back of my neck.

She sighs.                   

She was so close to changing back to human! Me, being a dimwit just had to yell. I glance at the clock to see that it is 12 noon.

Cassie and I sigh together unconsciously, making me smile. I had to stand on my toes to mess her hair.

“You did good, kid,” I compliment her, picking up my phone.

She growls playfully at me.   

I dial Alpha Green’s number and wait for him to pick up.

“Hello?”                               

“Alpha Green,” I greet.

He is silent for a moment and then he says, “Hunter?”

“Call me 85.”

Alpha Green hesitates. “85…?”

“Yes, we hunters are called by numbers. Don’t ask why. Anyway, I found your pack warrior…”

“Where is he?” Alpha Green asks demandingly.

I rub my forehead as I deliver the news, “Brad is dead.”

Silence.

“Alpha Green?”

“What do you mean he’s dead?!” he shouts, making me wince. If he keeps shouting like this, I’ll be deaf just like Nate. “You butchers! You killed him!”

Cassie glares hard at my phone, obviously listening to him.

“Alpha Green!” I yell back at him. He immediately falls into silence. “Remember our last meeting and I mentioned of your flaw: trust? You have to trust me that I didn’t kill your pack warrior.”

Alpha Green breathes in loudly. “Then who did it?”

“I told you about the rogues that kidnapped Brad. They were the ones. My partner and I manage to enter their lair and found Brad already dead,” I explain.

“The body?” Alpha Green asks, defeated.

“It’s with us. Meet us at a waterfall in the woods. You’ll see us there. You can bring your third-in-command if you like, but not your Beta,” I order. Who knows Beta Goldsmith might recognize me and I’m not taking the risk. “If you or your third-in-command dare to attack any of us, I can’t guarantee whether you’ll make it home without a trip to the ER.”

I can almost hear him nod. “Yes.”

I hang up after that. Cassie stares at me, waiting for my command. I still can’t believe that a thirteen-year-old girl is actually this beast.

“You’re going to stay hidden in the forest, Cass. If anything goes wrong, just appear out of nowhere. It would be entertaining to watch them scream like a girl,” I say.

Cassie chuckles and walks away into the woods. I wouldn’t be surprised if a human actually think Cassie is Bigfoot.

I enter Nate’s room to see him texting someone. I would bet that someone is actually Gwen.

I called Alpha Green, I sign.

Nate nods and puts away his phone. The both of us change into our hunter attire and put on our signature dark glasses.

I drive 116’s truck which we borrowed to the waterfall with Nate. Cassie would be hiding near the waterfall.

By the time we’re there, I whistle for Hazard and Nate calls out for Anna.

We stand in front of the waterfall for five minutes before we are greeted with two wolves.

Author's Note

Holy macaroni! THIMF is now ranking #60 vampires and #222 werewolves! (Yaaaaaay!) I want to thank all of you for voting, commenting and all that other fun stuffs! *doing a crazy dance*

Facts about me #2: I have been writing since I was 12 when I won third place in a writing competition. 

To those who are 11 or 12 or 13 or so on years old, don't give up! It took me years to get this far. 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.