Jealous of the Tiger

“May I see your arrows?” Gwen asks, her eyes locked on the arrows carved with ‘DT’. I sling my crossbow over my shoulder. Nate decides to not bring any weapons with him but I always bring them for precaution though the both of us didn’t wear our hunter attire.

“Sure…” I say, handing her the quiver.

“I still can’t believe you two are the Deadly Twins. Did you know that everyone is terrified of you? Even Alpha Green. After all, his wife was killed by hunters,” Gwen says, twirling the arrow in her hand.

Nate nuzzles her neck from behind as he whispers, “No, she wasn’t.”

“What?” Gwen asks in bewilderment.

“It wasn’t a hunter who killed Luna Green. It was a rogue. A hunter happened to be there when he killed the rogue. Alpha Green was too late to save his mate at that time; the rogue killed her. That’s why your Alpha hates hunters,” Nate explains softly.

And that was why he was so hostile when I met up with him to discuss about Brad, I add in my head.

Gwen has tears forming in her eyes as she says, “All this time, I thought hunters are trying to wipe us out.”

I shake my head. “There are a few who gets too obsessed over hunting every werewolf they stumble upon but an organization for hunters will eliminate them,” I say.

Gwen looks down at the arrow again and frowns. “You were the one who saved me from the rogue!” she exclaims in realization. “How can I be so stupid after all this time? You were protecting me all this time!”

I rub the back of my neck. “Umm… yeah…”

The next thing I know, I was engulfed in a hug. “My wolf trusts you completely now,” she says softly, handing me back my arrow.

I smile. “Good to know.”

Nate is impatient to introduce Gwen to Anna so he takes Gwen’s and my hand and drag us out. Gwen giggles at him impatience where as I roll my eyes.

I whistle loudly once I’m in the woods. Gwen is standing behind me, as if she’s expecting an elephant to appear out of nowhere. Hazard appears out of nowhere and circles us a few times before landing on my shoulder.

“Hey, Hazard,” I coo, patting him.

“That’s the same eagle that interrupted our kiss!” Gwen burst out.

I laugh out loud. “Yeah, I was outside your house, watching over the both of you. My brother, over here, was afraid to go alone.”

Gwen laughs where as Nate blushes deep red.

“Yeah, yeah. Laugh at the poor guy,” Nate grumbles, making Gwen and I laugh even harder.

Nate whistles almost as loud as me. Nate’s tiger stalks slowly towards us. Anna growls at Gwen while Gwen narrows her eyes on the wild cat. I notice Gwen’s eyes darkens slightly.

Nate bends down to pat Anna, making the cat purr in affection. “Gwen, meet Anna.”

I see Gwen’s eyes widen in realization. “So this is she who I was jealous of all the time?!”

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. She knows Anna? “Jealous?” I ask.

“Remember the time when you told me that Nate has Anna as his girlfriend when he was still deaf?” Gwen reminds me.

I bark a laugh. “Oh yeah! I just want to see how jealous you were at that time.”

“So you knew about me being Nate’s mate at that time?”

I smile. “Yup. But he refused to acknowledge it. That dumb boy.”

“Hey! I’m right here, you know!” Nate exclaims.

Gwen and I look at each other. “We know,” we say simultaneously.

Nate looks from me to Gwen to me again. “You two are always ganging up on me,” he pouts.

I roll my eyes again while Gwen giggles and plant a kiss on his cheek. “I’m always on your side, Nate,” she says.

Author's Note

So what do you think of this update? Nate is so cheesy, huh? Anyway, It's HOLIDAY! Yaay. Please check out my other stories especially Cursed. I spent a lot time on that book other than THiMF. You are awesome if you do! (You'll be awesome by reading this book anyway) Don't forget to:

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.