Meeting with Nephew and Niece

I look around the corner to see that no one is in the hall. I sigh in relief; everyone is in class. I take off with Gwen in my arms. If someone catches me, they would be wondering how I can carry someone who looks heavier than me. Especially a future Beta. 

No matter what, I need a little chat with her.

Once inside my Ferrari, I drive away from the school and near the woods. Hopefully, Gwen would wake up soon and we can have a long talk.

Even if she angers me by threatening Cassie, she is still Nate’s mate. Nate will never be happy again without her. It would be selfish if Nate picks his family than his mate.

I have to make sure that I did not mention anything related to werewolves, Brad and hunters.

I jump a little when I hear her groan.

“Where am I?” she mumbles.

“The woods,” I reply in my hunter voice.

Gwen looks around and then finally remembers what happened. She looks like she’s going to cry again. “Nate rejected me…”

“Listen, I just want to know why you threatened my little sister. Nate is protective over me and Cassie but he’ll get it over with. I used to like you, Gwen, until you did something absurd,” I tell her in my coldest voice.

Gwen is so surprised that she flinched and I can sense her fear.

“How dare you!” I snarl at her, finally showing my dark side. “How can you even do this to your boyfriend’s sister? Even if she’s adopted!”

“She’s not a part of us,” Gwen whimpers quietly, closing her eyes.

I feel betrayed right now. “A part of us?” I repeat. “She is my sister! Look at what you did, Gwen! And I thought that you were perfect for Nate!”

Gwen stays silent, refusing to speak.

“It looks like I was wrong,” I say darkly.

Before I can do anything, I feel her hand on my neck. My airway is blocked, making me gasp for air.

“Nate is mine!” Gwen yells at me. Her eyes darken so I know that her wolf is in control.

Tiny black spots cover my vision. If she keeps doing this, I’ll be as good as dead.

“Gwen,” I manage to gasp out with my last oxygen supply.

Gwen snarls in answer.

Damn, everything’s black.

‘Aunt Mel!’ a familiar voice calls out.

I try to look for the owner of the voice and see my future niece and nephew. The two of them hug me so tightly that might break a bone.

‘You’re using that voodoo potion again, didn’t you?’ I ask, in a scolding way.

The children sheepishly look down at the ground and mumble their sorry.

‘I’m sorry!’ the girl bursts out crying which surprises me.

‘For what?’ I ask in confusion.

‘You nearly died because of her,’ the boy says in accusation.

The girl whacks the boy behind his head, just like I did with Nate most of the time. ‘Hey!’ she complains.

‘It’s true!’ the boy defends, rubbing his head.

I hold up my hands in front of them. ‘Hold up! What do you mean?’

‘The last time I visited you in your dreams, you nearly died because of a side effect of the potion. Dad told us of you just now, only not so much. Mum didn’t refuse to say anything though,’ the girl explains, frowning slightly but her tears are still falling.

‘Stop crying, kid,’ I beg. I can’t stand children crying.

‘Now that we stole another potion, we can spend more time with you!’ the boy says happily.

'And we can visit you every time you sleep!' the girl adds.

I stare at the both of them.

‘Did you tell anyone about us?’ the girl asks me.

I shake my head. ‘I know that your parents will find out and I do want to find out more about you guys.’

The boy grins. ‘My name is Nicholas. But you can call me Nick, Aunt Mel.’

‘And I’m Victoria. Everyone calls me Tori,’ the girl – Tori – says.

I whistle lowly. ‘The both of you have such fancy names! Nicholas and Victoria. How old are you?’

‘I’m twelve!’ Tori replies as Nicholas says, ‘Eleven.’

I nod.

‘How old are you, Aunt Mel?’ Nick asks with his round brown eyes staring at me.

‘Seventeen,’ I reply.

The siblings share a glance, making me worried.

‘What is it?’ I ask warily.

‘You will die when you’re seventeen,’ Tori whispers, looking like she’s going to cry again.

I hug her. ‘I’ll try my best to avoid death, okay, Tori?’

She nods as her brother sighs impatiently.

‘I swear once she cries, she’ll cry a fountain of water until the earth has no other liquid to live on,’ Nick grumbles, making me laugh.

‘So the both of you are werewolves? Did your father tell you about hunters?’ I ask, sitting on the floor surrounded by darkness.

The children sit in front of me. ‘Yes, I have a feeling that I’m going to meet my mate soon,’ Tori sighs happily.

Nick rolls his eyes. ‘I’m going to be single forever!’

‘Single forever!’ I yell and then Nick and I high-fived. The both of us laugh out loud when Tori glare at the both of us.

‘No doubt that anyone can tell that you two are related,’ Tori grumble gloomily.

I offer her the biggest smile. I have such great nephew and nieces.

Author's Note

What do you think of this chapter? Awesome? Or not? THIMF has already claimed 500 votes and above from all of YOU! THANK YOU! YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! I don't know how this story is goin to end yet but I'm sure it's unexpected. Hopefully, THIMF will have over 70 parts and above... That is if I'm not lazy. :P Oh, and if you want to ask me any questions, feel free to comment! It can be anything and I'll try to be as honest as possible.

Facts about me #6: I'm a coke addict. In a matter of fact, I'm currently having a cup of Coke with me right now as I'm writing. 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.