Date and Plan

“How do I look now?” Nate asks me for the hundredth time. I swear he can be a girl sometimes. I look up from my magazine to see him wearing a white polo shirt and three-quarter pants. His hands are in his pockets, as if trying to act cool.

His newly shaven face is… How do you describe it…? Glowing, I guess.

I have to admit that he looks kind of cute.

Cute, I sign with a smirk.                                  

He scowls back at me. “Not the answer I’m expecting.” He turns to walk back to his room and change.

I run after him and make him turn around.

No! It’s perfect! Handsome! I sign quickly. I can’t stand it anymore! He has been changing and asking me how he looks like countless times.

He looks down at his attire and turn to walk to his room. I make him turn to face me again.

Where are you going? You’re supposed to pick your date up, I sign, fearing that he’s going to change again.

“I’m going to get my violin,” he answers.

My eyes bulge out of it’s sockets at his answer. Did he just say that or is my mind playing tricks with me? The last time he played the violin was more or less a year ago when he lost his hearing. Is he willing to play the violin for Gwen?

“What?” I ask, making sure that my hearing is still intact.

He grins. “I’m going to get my violin so I can play for Gwen,” he says slowly like I’m a five-year-old.

“Really?” I ask again. Today has been a day filled with surprises.

“Yes. Are you sure you’ll be alright home alone? I’ll be out for a couple of hours,” he says worriedly.

I roll my eyes. “Yes, I’ll be fine. Go and have fun. But not too much fun.”

Now it’s his turn to roll his eyes at me. I push him towards the stairway. He quickly grabs his violin case. When he passes by me, I throw my Ferrari keys at him which he catches easily.

Don’t crash the car or I’ll poke one of your eyeballs out with a fork. Being deaf is not an excuse, I threaten.

“Take care of Anna,” he requests. Not waiting for my reply, he walks out of the house. When the car ignites and is driven away, I quickly change into my hunter clothes. I make sure that Anna is locked up in Nate’s room so she wouldn’t try to follow me. Her condition improves, just slightly. I glance at my watch to see that I have less than three hours.

I whistle for Hazard as soon as I’m outside. He flies towards me not long after. I show him some hand signs for him to follow me. I run to north with Hazard flying above me. He can warn me if there are any rogues around. It is not wise for rogues to attack me at this very moment because I’m full with enough energy to kill an Alpha.

Less than three minutes later, I’m finally in the pack territory.

Now on with the rest of the plan. 

Author's Note

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.