Chapter 24

A/N: Okay, I made a little change to chapter 19 so if you haven't, please go back to that and read the ending at least before reading this chapter. This chapter will not make sense if you do not read the revision. Sorry for the trouble, but I am making this up as I go. Please forgive me and please keep reading! Thanks!

Jack aimed his staff and shot. Ice flew toward the dark mass of clouds. It covered everything and the clouds froze, but only for a brief second. Suddenly it all shattered and fell down. "Jack!" Hiccup yelled over the deafening roar of the ice.

Toothless swerved around some of the bigger chunks of ice. A large piece struck him and he fell a few feet before he could regain his balance in the air. "You okay bud?" Hiccup asked the dragon. Toothless ignored him and kept going.

"Hiccup!" Jack yelled. All he could see was darkness. He flew around blindly, "Hiccup!?" He yelled again. He heard the yelp of Toothless. He flew down.

...

"How are we going to help them from down here!?" Merida asked, frustrated. She looked at the sky. It looked like a meteor shower up there, but with ice. "We need to help them!"

"They are never going to get Maleficent to our allies," Rapunzel replied.

"Well aren't ye just Miss Sunshine? Lost faith in us already?"

Rapunzel, who was in front of Merida turned around and smiled, "Nope, just going to help them out a bit."

She brought out a snow globe that Santa/North had given her. "Woah, where'd ye get that?!" Merida asked, admiring the sphere. 

"You'll see," Rapunzel replied and before Merida could make a reply, she shook it and said, "North Pole." She threw it and a portal opened up.

...

Toothless appeared out of no where and caught Jack. "Ack!"

Hiccup laughed and took them to safety, or the closest they could get to safety. "There's no way we'll be able to get her to the others."

"Yep, noticed," Jack said, eying the sky.

Hiccup glared at Jack for a second, then turned his attention to the sky as well.

"You're the man with the plan, what now?"

Hiccup shook his head thinking. "Do what we can. You fly around, see if you can spot the witch," Hiccup said, taking the sword out of the holder on Toothless' back. "Toothless and I will see if we can get a close shot."

"Hiccup, you will have to be really close to her for this to work..." Jack said hesitantly.

Hiccup nodded, "I know."

"That's practically a suicide mission..."

Once again Hiccup nodded, "I know."

Jack's eyes got slightly moist, but he wasn't going to cry. Then he gave a small smile, "Since when did you get all brave?"

There was a long pause between the two.

Hiccup answered, "Since you guys gave me something to believe in."