33 | Cursed Tree with its Mystery

They said that we should enjoy our lives to the fullest because we don't know until when we will still be breathing, that any minutes from now, someone might shove their knife in our heart and punish us until we got our last breathe. Who knows when we will die? No one and we couldn't even predict our own death.

In our case, maybe we'll die from overworking. No, it's just that, we don't have any time to rest because, in just a little mistake, we will be lost in the lessons that were being taught.

“How can you produce something so tiny? As if you haven't done physical training before. Failed!” Napangiwi ako.

It's the 34th student who has failed in this class because the praeceptor doesn't like what the student just produced.

“Another failure!”

“F!” And again.

Even though I'm feeling pity for those who have failed in class, because it means they will start from the beginning, back to zero, I couldn't since I don't have any time to worry about anything but to save myself in this class.

Because this is something I'm lacking about.

Today is the unity day, which means all students are equally put together, where the levels, as well as sections, are being put aside and the students are randomly assigned to professors to teach them a stricter lesson than what they normally teach.

Well, this is their kind of celebration.

“Do you want to die?” ani ng guro na nakaputol sa aking iniisip at dahilan ng pagbaling ko rito. Her face shows disappointment as she gazes at everyone in this room who couldn't meet her gaze in embarrassment.

Natahimik ang lahat hanggang sa muling magsalita ang guro.

“In an actual battlefield, there's no stop button where you can escape your death and fly away.” The professor sighed heavily. “Alright, dismiss. Take this day to rest and let's meet again tomorrow to test your ability. I'll be giving second chances to those who've failed. Don't disappoint me,” aniya at mabilis na umalis sa loob ng silid-aralan, at doon lamang nakahinga ang karamihan.

Indeed, all of us are so drained from those summoning classes we've been attending ever since our endurance training was finished. I kind of understand why, especially when in a fight, all we have to do is to give everything that we can give in able to survive.

Hindi ko man sigurado, ngunit napansin kong mas lalong maging mahigpit ang akademyang ito sa pagtuturo simula nang aksidente kong marinig ang usapan sa loob ng admin office noon.

Our time is so limited and the only thing they can do is to train the students as fast as they could, even though they're sacrificing the rest that we must take, too.

It was announced that we'll summon our familiar in no time, which was supposed to be at the end of the month. The adjustment on the schedule made us struggle but I understand why, it's because our time is limited.

However, those people don't know the academy's purpose and it's the reason why they're getting annoyed at this academy, which no matter where I go, all I could hear was their rant towards how it was ranked as the top school on Forsaken Expanse when the way they manage is trash.

Everyone has their own opinion though.

Isang bagay na gumugulo sa'kin ay 'yung batang nakausap ko noon. Mula kila Mika ay wala raw akong kasamang bata nung nakita nila ako.

How the hell was that?

The child's voice still lingers on my head, especially her creepy laugh! Every time I am alone, her creepy laugh will echo in my ears, making every fur in my body stood up!