21 | The Forsaken Expanse

Witnessing the cold breeze made the leaves and grasses dance, my hair is dancing at the side of my face yet I bear no care at all; with my mind, what occurred a little earlier haven't vanished in my thoughts.

Golden curls and sky-like eyes, indeed a seraph, which also explains the golden light that's surrounding her. I don't think she's studying in this school, a trespasser, and for sure, Mika won't let her go once she learns about her.

Is it connected to the trespasser issue of this school? She's an angel, and the officials were talking about angels at that time.

But I don't know, something is telling me that she's harmless and that I should've trusted her which. . . I don't know why and how!

Everything about that kid shouts mystery.

And my soul is craving to unravel every bit of it.

It didn't take a while when Mika and Shi came out of their room. Napaayos ako ng upo nang mapansing may kakaiba sa kanilang kilos at itsura. They looked. . . panicking a bit, and it made me alert.

“I have something to tell you,” Mika announced once they're in front of me, which besides her is Shinoa who averted her gaze.

“The news about the sudden attack at the Northern Tribes came spreading like a plague, which is the reason why they're here at Slorriotopia right now.” Hindi ako sumagot dahil pakiramdam ko'y may idadagdag pa sya, at hindi ako nagkakamali nang muli itong magsalita. “And from what I've heard, they're planning to prepare a welcome party for those who will study here,” aniya na nakapagdala sa akin sa malalim na pag-iisip.

Having the Northern tribes here, especially in this academy where bloodsucking creatures who bear Ignis operate, wouldn't it be a disaster?

After all Northern tribes are known to weld the frigid element, with a body full of fur, a creature that roars in a pack, known for their hunting skill and their shape-shifting ability. In short, Werewolves— the mortal enemies of Vampires.

They are the ruler of the North, meanwhile, Vampires control the South, which is the opposite place of them.

Every realm holds a powerful clan that's enough to tame those creatures locating om their place, and in our world, Xachateus, power is everything. Being weak means you'll be the loser, the trash in this world, and the stronger only recognizes the strong.

That's why everyone, every realm, tribe, and clan, aims to become stronger because everyone doesn't have a choice. Being weak means will be hunted by the stronger ones. Even though killing is forbidden, there are things they could do, which makes them evil.

Power is evil, that's the truth.

A demon can be evil. A vampire, witch, even elves can also be evil. Every creature can be evil once they choose to become. Because in the end, we are the ones to choose our own path. If we choose to be bad, then we'll do bad things and hurt anyone on our way; but if we choose to be good, we are going to do everything to save everyone, especially those who are important to us.

Your destiny lies in your hands.

Slorriotopia is the highlight of the Lunar Nexus, which is located at the middle part of the Forsaken Expanse, and the biggest realm serves as the pistil of a flower, the one that keeps everything in piece.

In Lunar Nexus, every other creature is freely socializing with each other's, as they are part of the Union— the organization of peace between creatures. Only the Angels aren't allowed. However, in the past few years, some Angels broke their oath and accidentally entered the barrier which results in having them as part of this Union. Those angels are called the Falling Angels, which are later called Demons.