The Conversation

Heidi POV

I was sitting next to Carlos in the limo going back to Auradon.

To be honest, I don't want to go back. After when Cotillion is over, I'll think about going back to the Isle of the Lost or stay in Auradon or be with Carlos or Harry.

I sigh and I rubbed my neck.

"Heidi, look, I'm sorry about everything." Carlos apologize, looking at me while petting Dude.

"Well," I said, looking at Carlos. "as long as I'm here and safe, that's all it matters."

"Well, I didn't expect you to be kissing Harry while you know you and I were still dating." Carlos said

"First of all," I said, arguing a bit and I was facing him. "I didn't kiss him, he kissed me."

"Sure, yeah right, he just magically suddenly kiss you and then you decided to kiss him back." Carlos argued back at me.

"You know, don't talk to me Carlos, just don't." I said, looking away from him.

I heard Carlos breathe out and he petted Dude and then Ben responded to Mal.

"I'm really sorry, that things didn't go the way you wanted them to." Ben apologize to Mal.

"I mean, as long as your safe." Mal said to Ben.

"At least I got to see the Isle. They're my people too. Uma helped me see that." Ben said

"Ben, Uma captured you." Mal said

"She's an angry girl, with a bad plan. That's not so different when you came to Auradon, Mal." Ben said, looking at Mal.

Mal looks at Ben and she looks out the window.

"Awkward." Dude said, breaking the silence, and Evie gasped a little bit.

"Dude, I know you can talk but that doesn't mean you always should." Carlos said to Dude.

"Here we go!" Jay yelled at us, telling us that we are going through the magic barrier.

Jay POV

I press the controller and the magic barrier. We started going through the barrier and I look at Lonnie and responded to her.

"I want you to stop at practice later." I smirked and I look at the road.

Lonnie looks at me and smiled.

"Why, your gonna break some rules?" Lonnie said.

I chuckled a bit and responded.

"No." I said and were now back at Auradon Prep.

Heidi POV

We got out of the limo and we walk on campus and I crossed my arms, looking down at the ground.

"I'll get these back to the gym." Lonnie said to Jay.

"Okay. Thanks." Jay said to Lonnie.

"See you later." Lonnie smiled and she left to the gym.

"Ben, there you are. Cotillion's tonight." Jane said, walking up to Ben. "Come here."

Ben walks up to Jane and shows Ben the surprise he has for Mal.

"This is the stained glass window for Mal. Isn't it beautiful, she's gonna love it." Jane smiled and Ben looks at Mal.

"Do you wanna cancel?" Ben asked Mal and Mal looks up at him.

"You know what? I could come back but like really, really soon." Jane suggested

"No, no, no, now's fine." Ben said looking back at his surprise for Mal and he looks back at Mal. "Do whatever you need to do."

Ben and Jane walk away and Evie grabs me by my forearm and Mal's forearm and we started walking away.

"We need to talk." Evie said and I nodded.

"Yeah." Mal said

"No." Carlos said to us and we stopped walking and turn around and look at Carlos and Jay.

"No?" Evie said

"You guys are always going on in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff or whatever. And Jay and I are tired of it." Carlos said, holding Dude in his arms.

"I'm not." Jay said, holding his hand up and Carlos looks at him and Jay shrugs and Carlos looks back at us.

"We're your family too. We've been through a lot, together. Were not stopping that now." Carlos said and he looks at me. "Okay?"

I nodded and Carlos smile and responded.

"Everyone sit." Carlos said and sits down on the floor.

We looked at each other and I shrug and I sit down.

"Come on." Carlos said and Mal, Evie, and Jay sit down. "You too." Carlos smiled down at Dude.

"I don't know how to start girl talk." Carlos said

"What up?" Jay suggested and me and Evie laughed.

"Well," Mal started. "I'm a mess, I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candies from babies, and now everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up with the act." Mal said and I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Then don't." Carlos said

"See? This was dumb." Jay said, and was about to get up from the floor.

"Maybe it wasn't." Evie said to Jay and Jay sits back down.

"We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it. I really tried, but those are our roots. We all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are. We're never gonna be like anyone else here and that's okay." Evie said

"And we can't fake it." Carlos said

"No." Evie said, shaking her head a bit.

"Yeah, I mean especially without mine and Heidi's spellbook." Mal said, looking down.

"Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one." I said

"I like that." Evie said.

"Give him a chance." Carlos said

"I'm gonna make some changes on both of your guys dresses, and if you guys are up for it, and only if you guys are up for it, they'll be waiting for both of you, okay?" Evie said to me and Mal.

"Come on, buddy." Carlos said to Dude, getting up from the ground and Evie and Jay get as well leaving me and Mal.

I sigh and Jay sits back down with us.

"Come to Cotillion tonight. If Ben and Carlos isn't smart enough to love you both, and you both can't stand for another day, I'll drive you too back tomorrow myself." Jay said and me and Mal smile at him and he smiles back at us. "Okay?"

Jay gets up from the ground and walks away. I sigh and I look at Mal.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"I don't know, are you?" Mal said, looking at me.

"I don't know. I still want to go to Cotillion with Carlos but, I don't think that's gonna happen." I said, looking down.

"Well, like Jay said, he'll drive us back tomorrow himself if we don't feel comfortable here anymore." Mal said and she sigh and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Go to Carlos, I'm pretty sure you guys could still go to Cotillion." Mal smiled

I smiled back and I nodded.

"Okay." I said, getting up from the ground, leaving Mal.

I needed to cool off from everything that is happening and I decided going to the Enchanted Lake.