31

Katie POV.

I was shaking with fear rocking back and forth on the kitchen floor.

I've got to be strong. I've got to be strong. For Joshie, for Joshie.

"Katie get up! Come on! Josh hurt cut himself deeply with a knife!", Brian yelled at me.

A knife? Blood?!!?

I stood up quickly looking over at Josh and Brian. Josh was squeezing his eyes shut and groaning in pain.

"Katie get my medical bag and first aid kit from my office. Josh you sit down", Brian barked orders.

My eyes widened as I snapped into realization.

I ran from the room and went up the stairs as quickly as I could. I opened the door to Brian's office, and grabbed the first aid kit from the wall and Brian's medical bad from the exam table.

I ran down the stairs and handed Brian all his stuff.
Josh was sitting in a chair with his hurt hand outstretched on the kitchen table. I pulled up a chair next to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey princess", he said with evident pain in his voice.

"Shh shh", I said. "Don't say a word Joshie, shh"

"Alright Josh, I need you to stay calm okay? You cut yourself very badly and I need to clean it, and stitch it up", Brian said.

I felt my heart drop.

"No, no! Dr.Zeele no! Please, I can live with this, please don't stab a needle into me", Josh cried.

"Josh, you're in evident pain. This cut is bad, it needs to be treated immediately", Brian said pulling on a pair of gloves.

"Josh babe, you can do this. You'll be numbed! I'm right here to comfort you!!", I said.

"It'll hurt, cheerleader", Josh groaned.

Cheerleader. Right!

I stood from the chair quickly.
"Katie, careful!", Brian scolded.

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay Josh, I'm going to start cleaning your cut. It may sting", Brian said.

Josh nodded.

"I'll be right back", I said running up the stairs into my room. Boy, I run out of breath quickly. Must be my lack of good health. Ugh.

I picked up my cheer duffle bag and pulled out my red and white school pom poms. I'll be his cheerleader.

I went down the stairs, this time slower and stood where Brian was cleaning Josh's cut.

I didn't look at it because, ugh the blood. You can only imagine it. Ugh.

"What the heck are you doing?", Brian asked looking up at me.

"Doing what I do best. Cheering other people on", I said.

Brian chuckled and continued to clean Josh's hand.
Josh looked up at me and smiled.

"Be aggressive! Be be aggressive!!", I cheered waiving my pom poms in the air.

Josh immediately smiled and lit up.

"Give me a G. Give me an O. Give me a J, O, S, H! What does that spell! Go Josh! Go Josh!!", I cheered.

Josh laughed.
"That's my cheerleader", he said.

I giggled holding my pom poms to my chest.

"Alright Katie, bring us your best cheer! I'm going to inject the numbing medication into your hand so that I can stitch you up", Brian said.