10. Bro Mode

"Katie!!", Brian yelled grabbing my hand and pulling me from elevator.

"Are you guys okay, oh my goodness", Angelica said scrambling and helping Josh from the elevator.

"We're fine, we're fine..just a shock", Josh said with a small laugh.

"Yeah", I said.

"No one's hurt, right?", Brian asked grabbing my shoulders and looking up and down.

"We're fine, we're fine", I said.

"You still have my keys right?", Brian asked with wide eyes.

I pulled them from the pocket of my uniform, "they're right here Bri", I said.
"Calm down bro, we're fine. We really are. We're more than fine", I added.

"More than fine?", Brian asked.

"Brian, i..we..have to come clean about some thing", Josh said.

"What..", Brian asked "what happened in that elevator?"

Oh. My. Gosh.

"Oh my gosh nothing bad!!", I said throwing my hands up in the air.

"No doc, i took care of her.. nothing bad happened in the elevator", Josh said with a nod.

"Oh", Brian said with a sigh of relief.

"Brian just calm down, and let the kids talk", Angelica said.

"Yes, Brian, it's because we..like..umm, Josh gave me a promise ring and we like each other more than friends", I said.

"We met today, but it's like we've known each other for longer", Josh added.

"You like my little sister?", Brian said with anger and confusion rising in his voice.

"Brian calm down, seriously", I said.

"Dr.Zeele i promise you i won't ever hurt her in any way. You've known me for a while now, and you should know that I'd never hurt your sister", Josh said.

"Katie, Josh, you guys are so young..", Brian started.

"Loving someone doesn't have an age Brian", I said firmly.

"We'll talk about this at a later time. We have to get you and Angelica home, josh. We'll have a discussion about this at a later time", Brian said walking towards the door.

Us 4 walked to the truck. Well, no..josh was pushing me in the wheelchair.

Brian wasn't happy, i knew it. The thought of a boy being with his baby sister is such a bad thing to him. Well, he's the one who wanted us to meet in the first place, he doesn't get to say anything against that.

"Josh you sit up in the front with me, I want Katie to have a medical professional by her side if she gets sick again", Brian said unlocking the door.

"Ok doc", Josh said rolling me to where the door was and then walking around the truck.

Angelica helped me into the vehicle and then got in herself. We drove in silence.

We dropped Josh of first, then Angelica.

Then, it was just Brian and me.

Alone.