(15): Escape Plan

• Dedicated to To those people who have read it from start to finish....

Claude's P.O.V

Claude rests his head against the wall under the small window in his make shift 'home' in his parent’s basement. Something he does a lot of because he's quickly become bored of everything else he has in here. His Mother keeps promising to bring him new stuff but she never does, probably because Claude doesn't let her get too far into the room before he scares her away.

His TV is on a random movie scrolling through the credits because it just finished and Claude just can't be bothered turning it off. His Stereo is also on, a low hum coming from the speakers spaced around the room, a book he was reading last night before he fell asleep lays open on his bed, one of the pages bent because he slept on it.

He lets out a long sigh as he straightens up and peers out the window catching sight of members of the Pack walking past in groups, all heading in the same direction. Claude furrows his eyebrows as he briefly puzzles over where they are going until he remembers something his Mother said just before she closed the door this morning after her 'daily visit.'

               *

"Oh, there's a Pack Meeting this morning. So your father, brother and I will be there." Alison, Claude's Mother says as she takes one last look at her son before closing the door and locking it.

               *

Claude looks over at the door.

For a while now Claude has been planning on escaping, he tests the door from time to time to figure out if it'll bend because it’s the only way out of this place. In the end he realised that the only place the door will bend is at the top.

Moving over to the door, he wedges his fingers into the gap between the door and the doorframe, pulling gently to start with to test how much force will be needed. When the metal door doesn't budge Claude breaths in through his nose and out through his mouth before his gives a harsh pull

The metal groans under the stress and slightly peels back; smiling in satisfaction he continues to pull the metal down until the gap is big enough to put his arm through. Doing just that he stretches down and fiddles for the lock, when he finds it he rips it off, letting it hit the pavement of the basement floor, and Claude retracts his arm and pulls the door open.

Standing in the doorway for a couple of seconds Claude briefly wonders what he's supposed to do now, but then chatter of passing pack members talking about a Pack Meeting has him jogging up the steps into the house, where he pauses again to glance around the kitchen.

Walking over to the fridge he pulls the door open and peers inside, he smiles when his eyes land on the bottle of orange juice his Mother keeps in the fridge for herself. Taking the carton out he opens the top and drinks what's left in the bottle, sighing in content as he finally gets to drink something other than water for a change.

Leaving the empty bottle on the counter Claude leaves the house as makes his way through the housing area, the place being deserted now that the Meeting has started. But Claude doesn't care; he takes his time to wander through the area enjoying the feel of finally being free once again.

When Claude finagling reaches the edge of the grass area out front the Alpha's House he pauses momentarily as he takes in the large ground whispering to each other as they try to comprehend whatever is currently happening.

Claude turns his attention to the front where Alpha Justin stands with Alpha Reid of The Copper Eyes Pack, their faces directed toward the crowd, eyes gazing intently at something that's happening.

Claude takes quick note of the other people with Alpha Reid, his mate and kids plus a few Guards before turning his attention to his parents. His fare stands just behind his Alpha blonde hair ruffling gently in the light breeze, hazel eyes watching the crowd intently before shifting over to him. Beta Damon freezes as his eyes meet those of his sons, Claude doesn't do anything just moves his attention onto his Mother who stands next to her mate completely oblivious to the fact that Claude has escaped his cell.

Moving his eyes from his Mother he searches what he can see of the front of the crowd for his twin. When he catches sight of Erick through the crowd he lets out a relieved sigh, a smile touches his face as he sees the girl leaning into him.

His brother's mate.

Cilia.

As Claude starts to move forward through the crowd the people around him turn their curious stares to him, eyes slightly widening as they realise who it is. Instantly they make a path for him to walk through straight to the front where his brother stands with his mate.

But the tug in Claude's chest has him veering off course straight back into the mass of people and heading toward the centre of the crowd. Claude ignores the whispers as he moves past people knowing that they're all wondering the same thing;

Where has he been all this time.

Obviously the easiest answer to that would be the right answer; locked in his parent’s basement. But Claude knows he can't say that because the pack members will lose respect for his family and his father could lose his job. So Claude decides that he won't say anything instead he'll just let them wonder.

Claude stops dead in his tracks as he stares at the one person he's been aching to see since he turned eighteen, three or so years ago. Claude's hazel eyes take in the boy’s tall frame, a bit on the slim side since he last saw him but he doesn't care. He then takes in the shaggy light brown hair, taking note for the first time the red tints when the sun reflects off it.

His mate.

His other half.

Noah.

Claude looks at the person Noah has his arms wrapped tightly around, a spike of jealously shoots through his system before he recognises the long black hair the girl has and realises immediately that it is his sister.

Amethyst.

Returned to his mate.

A happy smile makes its way onto Claude's face as he steps forward not being able to stay away any longer. Not caring about the people around them or the fact that his Mother has probably seen him now he opens his mouth and yells.

"Noah!"

Before throwing his arms around the boy he's destined to be with.

                                         * * * * *

This chapter seemed hard to write, but I think it was just my brain not wanting to actually finish it properly. So I wrote it twice and that was the end product.

Hope it was good and happy. Haha

But guess what........?

This is the last chapter for this Novella.

You heard me, this story is finished. Noah has his sister back, Claude has his mate.... And of course Noah also has his mate.

The next Novella I'm going to be posting is Derek's 'The Replacement Mate' ... Which I had been previously uploading but stopped when I started writing and posting  Book Two of the Series. But I'm planning on continuing with it now that this one is finished.

Anyway. 

Catch you all next time.

SoaringSpirit