(12): Just another Day

Claude's P.O.V

Claude rests his forehead against the brick wall, the small rectangular window above him allowing in the limited light of the early morning. The morning birds sit in the trees within the forest line chirping loudly to let everyone know of the fact that it’s that time of day when everyone starts rolling out of bed.

He can feel his body weakening, each limb losing strength with each passing day; every muscle within his body aches burns with the horribly strong urge to be with his mate. But denying his wolf from being with his other half is taking a toll on his body, eventually he won't even be able to get out of bed, then after that his wolf will just slip away taking him with.

Half of Claude wishes for it to be over already, for him to just peacefully slip away but he knows that it won't be peaceful he'll have the longing and pain for his mate right up until his last breath and then there will be nothing. Nothing, that's what he wants. 

But the other half, the rational half wants to keep fighting knowing that one day - hopefully soon - he'll finely be able to throw his arms around his mate and never let go. Even if his parents despise it, he'll give up his role as Beta to be if he has to, just so he can be with his other half.

Slowly Claude pushes himself up off the wall, turning so that he's facing his tiny house. He picks up the book he's currently reading flipping it open to the page he dog eared and continues on for a couple of pages before he gets restless and closes it again, throwing it onto the table.

He lets out a frustrated noise as he picks up the tell-tale signs of movement from above him within his house. His father is probably in the kitchen making himself a cup of steaming coffee to go before grabbing the toast that pops out of the toaster and leaving the house to do his duties of the day only to return much later tonight.

His mother is probably up in his parent’s room with her dressing gown wrapped around her as she dries her hair after the shower she just had, then she will wonder into the kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee and organise some breakfast.

His twin brother Erick is most likely just rolling out of bed, getting ready for another day filled with football out front the Alpha's house. A wave of anger and jealousy goes through him at the thought of his brother being able to do as he pleases while he's stuck down in the basement like some rabid dog.

Claude pulls himself out of his thoughts as he hears the lock to his room click open, turning swiftly to face the door he fights a wave of dizziness as his hazel eyes zero in on his mother as she steps through into the dimly lit room.

"Claude, you should really turn the light on, you could hurt yourself otherwise." She says as she catches sight of him near the table.

Claude suppresses a growl. "Like you'd care." He snaps.

"I'm your mother, of course I care." Alison scolds her son.

"If you care then why am I being held down here like a prisoner?" Claude questions as he takes a step forward.

Alison visibly gulps at the venom in his voice. "You’re not a prisoner you can leave at any time." She straightens her spine.

Claude chuckles darkly. "If I reject my mate you mean."

Alison moves to flick the light on but the snarl that emits from the shadow of her sons freezes her on the spot.

"Don't, I can see you clear enough." He growls, his voice more animalistic than human.

Alison slowly straightens up. "I did this for your own good."

Claude feels a burning rage rush through his veins. "For my own good, your leaving me trapped down here and you’re not doing anything as I slowly die." 

Alison shakes her head. "You'll see reason before that happens."

Claude rushes forward until he's standing right in front of his mother. "I'd rather die than reject my mate, at least then one of us can continue to live on." 

Alison tightly grips the front of her dressing gown over her heart, her pulse thundering at the fear she feels toward her son, a child that was so kind and gentle. "N-no." She slowly stutters out. "You'll change your mind before that happens." 

Claude growls lowly in his throat, still standing inches from his frightened mother. "Get out." He whispers in a deadly calm voice, no trace of any emotion what so ever.

Alison gasps and a shaky sob escapes her mouth, then she turns and flees out the door, closing and locking it shut tightly behind her, leaving Claude standing in front of the door as the rays of the sun continue to cast the room in brighter colours.

Coming from above him from within the kitchen he can hear his brother asking his father where he is, his father giving him the same story he and his mother have given to everyone that's asked; that Claude decided to run away if he can't be with his mate. Though when he brother responds to that he can always hear the suspicion in his voice.

Then everything goes quiet and Claude is stuck with listening to only the birds outside his tiny window, the occasional stampede of feet as groups of kids run passed, snippets of conversation from teenagers and adults. Claude walks over to the bed and lies down preparing for another long and boring day ahead.

                                                                               * * * *

I know its short .... But I'll extend when i edit.

Sorry for the delay, i had trouble coming up with something for this chapter, but its here now.

Till next time

SoaringSpirit