(14): Could It Truly Be Her?

• Dedicated to To those still reading this :)

Noah stands in the centre of the pack members, awkwardly clasping and unclasping his hands as he waits for the Alpha, who is standing up the front of the platform to start talking. Wanting to have the meeting over and soon as it begins so he can disappear back into his little corner of the pack grounds away from everyone.

A child near Noah stares openly at the scars criss-crossing along his arms. Noah briefly looks at the boy before folding his arms in front of him and facing forward again, just as Alpha Justin takes is place.

"Good morning and sorry for the early start. But I thought we could get this over and done with early, and then you can all go and do your own things." Alpha Justin looks around the crowd as he speaks. Making sure to have everyone's attention.

Noah shuffles from foot to foot nervously, as he glances around the crowd near him to make sure that he is safe. When he realises that everyone is focused on Alpha Justin he breathes out a sigh of relief before returning his attention to the Alpha.

"Now we have a couple of important things to discuss with you." Alpha Justin looks back at his mate before returning to the crowd. "The first is that we need two more teachers. So if there is any one here willingly to teach our next generations would you please go to the school after this meeting and the teachers there will tell you what is required of you."

People in the crowd look around at each other silently as if wondering who is going to decide to become a teacher.

Noah looks around as well but not for the same reason, he's looking around once again to check his surroundings and make sure that he is safe. Movement to the left catches his attention; he holds his breath as he turns his head to look properly.

Aiden, smirks as Noah meets his dark hazel gaze. Moving his way through the crowd closer to Noah. Darcy, Jay and Wilson follow closely behind him. They stop again when Alpha Justin starts speaking.

Noah takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly.

"There have been sightings of many Rogues outside our boarders these last two months." Alpha Justin glances to the side at his Beta. "None of them have dared to pass yet, but it’s like they are waiting for something." A crease becomes visible between his eyebrows. "So I wish for you to travel in small groups, parents never allow your young children to leave your sights." Parents throughout the crowd pull their children closer as though to ward off danger. "We don't want a repeat of what happened about three years ago."

Noah freezes as he realises that the Alpha is talking about when his sister was kidnapped.

"Nonsense." Another man steps onto the platform. Noah recognises him as the Alpha of The Copper Eyes Pack, Alpha Reid.

Alpha Justin moves his attention to the other Alpha.

"Those kidnapping a weren't all random." Alpha Reid looks around at everyone. "Well the male kidnappings were, same as many of the female ones. But for six of them..." He trails off as he looks over his shoulder. "A special one from each pack within their vicinity. Daughter of the Alpha or Beta or someone that will shift into something unique."

"How do you know all this?" Someone to the left of Noah yells out.

The Alpha of The Copper Eyes Pack turns to the crowd with a grim expression. "Because my Guards and I saved them. Or all the ones that were there."

"And where were they? Who took them?" Someone else toward the front of the crowd yells out.

Alpha Reid turns back to Alpha Justin. "There is only one pack that goes against all rules ever made." 

Noah focuses his fall attention to Alpha Justin as he waits for him to say the name of the Pack that took his baby sister from him, that stole his life from him. 

"The Blood Eyes." Alpha Justin says after a silent few minutes his wide eyes meeting Alpha Reid's as a question.

Alpha Reid nods.

Noah freezes up again at the name; a memory from his school days tickles the back of his mind. A memory when he learnt about The Blood Eyes Pack and that they don't have any females, instead they steal them from other packs. That they have their own set of rules.

"Who are your companions?" Noah snaps out of his memory as Alpha Justin speaks. Noah realises after a second that he's missed some of the conversation.

Noah watches and partially listens as Alpha Reid introduces his travelling companions, but he can't get the memory out of his mind or the fact that he can see Aiden and the others creeping closer still. Just a few more people and they'd be on him; Noah looks around for an escape route but can only see people blocking his path every way he looks.

"Amethyst!" Someone yells.

Just that names makes Noah forget what he was doing, his eyes flash to the front a d toward the girl now standing on the platform with long black hair. When she looks toward the crowd at were the voice came from Noah sucks in a breath as he sees her silver eyes.

Amethyst. Noah's sister. The one who was taken. Could it truly be her? Noah wanders as he stares up at the girl.

He watches as she looks at the people in front of her before surveying the crowd. When he eyes meet Noah's a giant smile breaks across her face and she leaps into the crowd, shoving people out of the way.

                                                                           *  *  *  *

Sorry for the really long wait. 

SoaringSpirit