(2): A Rude Awakening

• Dedicated to To those who are down, give me a smile :)

Noah snores softly into his pillow as his mind wanders from thought to thought about various different things. His eyes twitch beneath his eyelids, his lips parting slightly from an unknown flash flitting through his mind. Resting next to him above the sheets his left hand grips the bed sheets a tortured gasp escaping his parted lips.

Footsteps echo throughout the house as his parents arrive home after their night out, the movement continues up the stairs and along the hall, stopping out front of Amethyst’s room. Like every other night after coming home they check on their children before going to their own room for the rest of the morning.

A scream reverberates throughout the house as Ruby and Jace open Amethyst’s door to the smell of another male Werewolf in her room and her double bed empty sheets somewhat pulled off the bed, the large single window open and a chilly breeze causing the plain baby blue coloured curtains to flutter mildly.

Noah stirs faintly in his sleep at the sound of the scream. Rolling over onto his back under the blankets and then falling straight back to sleep, dismissing the sound as though he was just hearing noises in his sleep. Which isn’t unusual for Noah considering he has super sensitive hearing, due to the fact that he is a Werewolf.

Ruby and Jace rush out of Amethyst’s room up the hall and straight into Noah’s not even bothering to knock or anything. Ruby stands leaning against the door frame her shoulders shaking with sobs she’s trying to keep quiet. Jace moves over to his son and grips his shoulders then starts shaking the boy.

Noah growls softly in his sleep to give the person a warning, but when he continues to be shaken he snaps his eyes open all thoughts in his mind about killing the person disturbing him then falling back asleep. But when his eyes are open and focused on what’s shaking him all the anger and fight leave in a rush.

Jace looms over his son, his grey-blue eyes darker than usual because his wolf is close to the surface, the sobbing still sounds around the room but Noah can’t tear his eyes from his father. A sense of fear slowly creeping into his still strengthening bones the longer they keep eye contact without so much as saying a syllable anything.

Noah clears his throat nervously, his eyes trained on his father cautiously, confusion flickers into his eyes as he opens his mouth. “What’s the matter father?” He questions in a soft shaky voice.

As soon as those words leave his mouth Jace leans over and slaps his across the right side of his face, the sound rebounding off the cream coloured walls. Noah’s head snaps to the left his brown-red eyes focusing on the wall near him for a short second. “All we asked you to do was to tuck her into bed and makes sure that nothing happened during the night!” Jace yells at Noah’s his face turning red from anger, a hint of sadness buried within his eyes.

Noah cautiously turns his head back toward his father confusion taking over all his features. “Father.” He starts in a shaky voice. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Noah shots into a sitting position before scrambling to the other side of his bed as his father leans down a growls darkly.

Jace just glares at his son with pure hatred, the sobs cut off abruptly as Ruby finally enters the room moving into Noah’s line of view. “She’s gone!” She screams at her sons her face twisted with hatred. “You let her get kidnapped!” Her voice cracks on the last word the only sign that she is feeling another emotion besides hatred. “We can smell another all through her room.” This time she speaks softly afraid that her voice will show how upset she really is.

Noah stares blankly at his parents for a long time, trying to get his mind around what they are yelling about. But all he keeps coming back to is that whatever has happened Ruby and Jace are not going to forgive him any time soon. Noah slowly looks down at his blankets fiddling with a loose thread until it clicks within his mind. “Amethyst.” He utters on a breath.

Ruby and Jace both growl lowly at him as they hear him utter the name. “You were meant to look after her; it’s your fault that she’s gone!” Jace hisses at his son, his wolf showing more and more of itself with each word said.

“You’re a disgrace! It’s your entire fault! You are a failer!” Ruby spits each word at him watching in satisfaction as Noah flinches. Storking over to Noah she grips his shirt and hauls him out of bed, and out of the room Jace following close behind. “The Alpha will be able to give you a proper punishment.” She mutters as they step outside.

Walking through the housing area to the Alpha’s house in a rush they tell one of the Guards standing out from the door that they wish to speak to Alpha Justin and that it’s urgent. The Guard tells them to go to his office and that he is waiting for them. Going into the house and to the office Ruby drops her son onto the floor.

Alpha Justin looks up tiredly from his paper work. “And what is so urgent that you have to disturb me from my work?”

Noah looks up at the Alpha, finding a comfortable spot on the floor to sit. Ruby and Jace just stand on either side of him both tense and seething. “Last night a stranger went into Amethyst’s room and kidnapped her!” Ruby screams at the Alpha her emotions not under control.

Alpha Justin glares at the woman in front of him, his brown-gold eyes narrowing because of the disrespect she just showed him, but then as the words sink in his eyes widen. “Another kidnapping.” He utters.

“Another kidnapping!” Ruby all but shouts still trying to control herself. “What do you mean another?” She glares at her Alpha.

Alpha Justin ignores her disrespect and addresses the problem. “We’ve had two other kidnappings, though they were both boys.” He pinches the bridge of his nose his eyes drooping slightly.

“I don’t care about the others, they took my daughter and it’s his entire fault!” Ruby growls pointing at Noah.

Alpha Justin looks down at Noah not understanding how he could be at fault. “I don’t understand.” He says looking back up at Ruby and Jace.

“He was meant to look after her while we weren’t home and he failed to do so.” Ruby says Jace just nodding his head in agreement. “I want him to punished!” She demands.

Alpha Justin glances down to Noah again. “Is this true boy? Are you at fault?”

Noah doesn’t do anything at first but a swift kick to his side by his mother has him nodding his head, even though deep down he knows that it’s not his fault. But he’s starting to question himself not too sure anymore.

The Alpha looks back up to Noah’s parents. “I’ll give him the rank Omega. But that’s all I can do.” With that he stands up and walks out of his office, not looking back once even as Ruby protests saying that Omega isn’t a good enough punishment.

She turns to her son. “I want you out of our house by midday, and we’ll see how long you last with the pack making sure you remember your place as the failer.” Then she and Jace too walk off.

Noah continues to sit silently of the floor tears streaming down his face as a picture of his sisters sleeping face flashes through his mind before he had turned the light off.

                                                                  * * * * *

Well that was chapter two.

I hope you enjoyed it......

Please let me know your thoughts in the usual manner: comments/votes/following.... It's up to you.

Enjoy your life. Catch ya later

SoaringSpirit