(13): Awkward Encounter

Noah walks into the clearing clutching his side as blood trickles between his fingers and drips down onto the floor. Scratches and bruises create patterns across his bare chest, a few even over his face.

Carefully he moves over to the pond and inches his way into the cool water wincing as the liquid lapse into his open wounds. Standing completely statue like for a couple of seconds he waits for the stinging to subside, once it does he gently starts to clean the fresh cuts each of them slowly starting to knit themselves back together.

With Noah being twenty-one now, the rest of the pack members use him to show the younger ones what not to do. Not to defy the Alpha or you'll end up like him, once you become an Omega you'll end up with the scars to prove it. 

Shaking his head Noah pulls himself back to the present as his mind wanders back into the past, thinking over some of the more happier memories. The cold water slides over the cuts on his face as he splashes water onto it, he winces at the slight sting but otherwise throws some more over cleaning deeper.

When he's satisfied that each wound is clean and healing smoothly, Noah turns around to head back toward the camp and his make shift home at the edge. But he jumps back falling into the water as he realises that someone has snuck up behind him.

Derek, the future Alpha stands at the water’s edge not far from Noah, his head cocked to the side as he looks over the older boy taking in the many scars and bruises.

Noah stays where he landed in the water his eyes wide with worry as he tries to think back over what he has done recently to offend the boy in front of him, but when he comes up blank he starts to inch toward the other side of the pond. 

When Derek realises that he startled the older boy he swiftly holds up his hands. "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to startle you." He speaks gently as though to a frightened animal.

Noah freezes up, his eyes focused on the younger boy, who would be the same age as his sister.

Derek sits down at the water’s edge crossing his legs in front of him. "I just wanted to come see how you’re doing?"

Noah looks around wondering if it’s just a prank that'll cause him more harm, but he can't sense anything besides Derek near him and a deer not far away that would be a good feed.

Derek leans his elbows on his knees. "You can talk; no one is going to hurt you." 

Noah glances back to the future Alpha. "Why?" Is all he utters.

Derek had to lean forward to catch the word. He looks at the boy confused. "Because I just wanted to know you?" He questions rather than states.

Noah shakes his head. "No, why? Why am I at fault for my sisters kidnapping? Why am I being kept from my mate?" 

Derek continues to stare at Noah with a look of confusion but as the words sink in he feels anger and sadness swelling within him. "I...” He takes a breath. "I don't know." 

Noah looks down at the water realising that Derek is being honest, that he doesn't know and that he can't help anyway. When Noah looks back up he meets the younger boys gaze evenly. "You should go before your seen talking to me."

Derek stands up.

Noah looks down again waiting for Derek to leave but instead he senses the boy walking into the shallow water and over to him until he's standing right in front of Noah. The older boy looks up caution and curiosity burning within his eyes.

Derek holds out a hand. "I thought you might like some company for a while."

Noah drops his gaze to the hand, hesitantly he lifts is own and takes hold of Derek's, the younger boy pulls him up and they head back to the shore. Dropping down on the ground near each other they continue to have a conversation, Noah opens up more as the time ticks by.

When the sun drops down behind the clouds Derek and Noah stands up and bid each other goodbye, Derek quickly informs the older boy of the Pack Meeting tomorrow before drifting back into the shadows to head home for dinner with his parents and Replacement Mate. Noah walks back to his camp not bothering to find any new prey to eat.

                                                                *  *  *  *  *

Sorry for how short it is .... I'll extend when i edit.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter 

Catch ya next time

SoaringSpirit