(11): Taken

Noah grins down at Claire as she taps him on the arm a large goofy grin on her face as she yells "Your it!" Then promptly runs off around the side of the tent to get away from him. 

Noah just laughs as he pushes himself up off the ground and goes in the opposite direction to the way she went, when she catches sight of him she squeals and turns around, running back the way she came. 

Claire has been living with Noah for three months now; the rest of the pack has left them alone, only coming to see what all the commotion over this side was during the first week, shocked to find a Human girl within their territory and with the Omega boy. But no one has really done anything about it; they've just left the two alone.

Noah made a bed on the floor for himself so that Claire could have the camp bed, but most nights she'll come and curl up next to Noah for his warmth and comfort. Each time she'd snuggle next to him he'd give her a small smile and wrap an arm protectively around her keeping her close, as though he's afraid that she'll just disappear during the night and he'd wake up the next morning to find that it was only a dream.

Noah continues to chase Claire around the outside of their tent until he doubles over pretending to be out of breath, his hearing focused on the footsteps of the Human girl as he waits to see what she'll do. He lets a small smile curve the corner of his lips as he hears her slowing moving over toward him, cautious but worried.

"Noahie?" She questions in a small voice. "Are you okay?"

Noah just waves one arm gesturing that he is okay, and then rests it back on his knee like the other one. Claire continues to cautiously move toward him, her small feet creating tiny soft thud noises, her heart beat slow and steady. When she reaches his side she lifts her arm about to rest it on his shoulder.

But Noah spins toward her a grin on his face as he scoops her up into his arms and yells in victory. "Got you!" He laughs.

Claire giggles at his antics. "I knew I shouldn't have fallen for that, I do every time." Shaking her head bronze curls swinging everywhere.

Noah just shrugs his shoulders, his smile still present. "Maybe next time you'll realise what I'm doing." He chuckles before placing her back down onto the ground.

She pouts at him. "What are we going to do now?" 

Noah looks up catching sight of a body standing just outside the housing area watching him. Erick, one of the Beta's sons, Claude's twin. And someone that he was once friends with, but they never really hung out much just talked at school, same as with Claude.

Erick just stands there meeting Noah's gaze, his features a twist of sadness, anger and happiness. But Noah wasn't sure what any of them where for, a frown came over Noah's face. That was when Erick turned on his heels and disappeared back into the housing area. Noah stares at the spot he had just stood wondering why he was there.

"Noahie." Claire whined as she tried to catch his attention.

Tugging on his shirt Noah snaps his gaze down to her, it instantly softening. "What's the matter Claire?" 

Claire points behind him. "Who are they?"

A sliver of dread shoots down Noah's spin as he turns, but he quickly sighs in relief when he sees it’s not Aiden and his group but Alpha Justin and some Guards. 

Noah's body tenses up again; instinctively he pulls Claire to him, holding her against his side as the group comes to a stop in front of him. 

"Alpha Justin." He says shakily bowing his head respectfully to the older male. "What are you here for?"

Alpha Justin looks at someone behind him before turning back to him. "Your mother wants me to take the girl away from you." His voice sounds tight.

Noah's eyes narrow as he looks at his Alpha. "My Mother?" He questions.

Alpha Justin just nods his head.

That's when Ruby pushes her way past the Guards to stand beside her Alpha, her ruby red hair tied back in a ponytail to keep the stands at bay. "Yes, I believe you don't deserve to have a companion." She says angrily.

Noah tightens his hold on the girl he's grown fond of over the last three months. "You can't take her from me." His eyes meet his Alphas pleading with him.

"Give the girl over Noah." Her voice is dangerously low as she says this eyes changing to a darker shade of brown-red.

Noah straightens his shoulders everything in him wanting to fight, but one look at his Alpha has him dropping his head, shoulders drooping and his grips loosening on Claire.

Claire turns around in his arms and peers up at his face. "Noah?" She questions in a tiny shaking voice her eyes filled with tears.

Noah doesn't meet her eyes as he knees down in front of her, staring over her shoulder he grips her upper arms. "I need you to go with them, don't cause any trouble. I promise that we'll be together again okay?" 

Claire shakes her head not understanding what he's doing. "Noah, I don't-" she stutters.

"Please Claire." Noah chokes out. "Please do this for me."

Claire swipes at her eyes as she nods her head, pulling her in for a hug Noah holds her tightly against him, not wanting to let go.

A Guard comes over and puts his hand on Claire's shoulder. "That's enough, it's time to go." 

Pulling Claire from Noah he turns them both and walks back to his Alpha, Claire looks back at Noah tears visibly staining her cheeks as she sobs. The group turn and leave Alpha Justin at the front the Guards taking up behind.

Ruby stays back her gaze firmly locked onto her son. "This is your entire fault!" She hisses before swivelling around and stalking off to catch up with the group as they move further away.

Noah feels his heart falling apart once again, the pain of losing his sister, not being with his mate and now loosing Claire all-consuming him at once. Tears roll over Noah's cheeks as he stays kneeled on the floor from saying bye to Claire. Not having the strength to get off the floor and move, lifting his head up he catches sight of Erick standing next to one of the houses watching him again, but his attention quickly moves to Aiden and his gang as they pace toward him menacing grins on each of their faces. Noah tries to prepare himself for what is to come but his mind is too consumed by pain to care.

                                                       *  *  *  * 

That's part 11 .....

Sorry for the wait :)

SoaringSpirit