Chapter 10- Pitch black

I went from seeing James everyday to only seeing him 2 or 3 times this past week. I can't even remember. 1day was dinner at their house and every time his father came near me and when we shook hands I felt a weird vibration from the necklace. I guess because he was a hunter which I was still not sure of. I kept hearing everyone's thoughts and Emma kept on thinking of how much she hates me. I love her so much and I thought she loves me too but I thought wrong. Uncle Nate kept on thinking weird stuff about how he won and how he wants to kill someone but no names. According to the book he knows I read minds so maybe that's why he didn't say names. He was saying stuff as it talking to me. He really knew this. It was all true.

It's been a week since I read some of the book and thought I should go back and read it since I wanna know more. I couldn't stay home not talking to people or going to parties because of something I don't know everything about. I took my car keys, purse and the book, rode my car and went as the necklace navigated me. I stopped at the end of the road and walked until the spot where the book opens. I opened the page I stopped at and started reading.

I read the part about the curse and this page was names, a lot of names and of course all ending with my mother's family name-all girls' names. I think it was a list of the mind thinkers' names -as the witches call them. My name of course was the last and I'm guessing when every girl of our family turns sixteen her name gets written magically. I still feel this is all a dream. This isn't real. It couldn't be.

After that was stories of all the mind thinkers from their sixteenth birthday until they die. In most cases they die before even turning eighteen because they are usually somehow really close to hunters. Hunters knew them by the family name and they had to be close cause their children must be 'in love' so the cycle goes on. All thinkers died pretty quickly leaving their daughters alone only having the book as their guide.

I didn't get to my mom but from what I read I'm guessing my mom didn't die of cancer. All dads lie to their daughters about how their mothers' died saying she died of sickness but ending up being killed by the hunters. I hope my mom really died of cancer because if someone killed her I would go rip their heart out. I wanted to read my mom's life story but I had to leave it was getting really late. I closes the book, rode my car and left to go to the first party since my birthday.

After an hour, I finally arrived or was near the house since I started hearing thoughts. Maybe I was imagining but from reading the book maybe I'm not imagining after all.

The light was red but I couldn't stop myself, I was about to faint from all the voices so I decided to cross the light to help myself before passing out right there and few seconds later everything went pitch black.

----------------------

Sorry if I made you guys wait but I'm really busy and I promise to update sooner.

Please tell me what you think, vote if you like my book, share it to your friends, and tell me some ideas.

Common people VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT ☺️