29

A week later
James POV:
I see Riley alone in the sitting room and I go in and sit next to her. Shes curled up on the coutch.
'Can we talk?' I ask.
'Im not stopping you. Its a free country'
I sigh.
'Um...I want to appoligise for how Ive been acting. It was wrong of me. Im sorry'
'You have nothing to be sorry for James' she says blankly staring ahead.
'Well I just want to know if we can still be friends?'
She looks at me sadly. She seems drained of energy and tired.
'No'
'Why?'
'Why! Because Im sick of this! For the past few days Ive been trying to get through to you about how I really feel but you keep shutting me out! Im tired of it James! Everytime I try to come close to you and make things right you shut me out and storm off! One minute your letting me in the next its doors been slamned in my face! Im sick and tired of begging you! Im sick and tired of telling you Im sorry and I love you and I care about you when you dont listen! I cant keep doing this anymore James! You wont even open up to me! You barely talk to me only when Jason tells you to or when you feel sorry for me or feel guilty! Ive tried to fix things! Ive tried to make them better! But now I see Ive wasted my time! And so have you!'
She gets up and leaves.
I put my head down.
I get up and walk out of the room just as Jason is walking in. I look at him sadly.
'Dont tell me...'
'Its over. Shes done trying. And it seems like I am too'
I then walk off.
Its over.
Jasons POV:
I burst into Evies room. She screams.
'JASON! WHAT THE HELL!'
'We need to move this duet foward. Way foward. To this weekend'
'What! Why!'
'Your parents have just given up on eachother. Either this or no parents for Christmas and your switching houses every hour'
'Ill tell West about the changes. But how can we perform it?'
'Theres a tallent show this weekend that Lilly is taking part in. Your parents will be there and we can sign up and do the duet then. Its our last chance if this is going to work'
'Allright. Lets do it'
I nod.
This is our only chance. This better work.