28

Jasons POV:
We sit on the bed.
'Well?'
She sighs.
'I used to date him about seven years ago. We used to go to school together. I really thought we had something good going between but I was wrong. I went on a date with him one night. At this point we had been dating about six months. It was so lovely. He took me to an italian resturant. We had lovely food and drinks. After he invited me back to his place. His parents were out of town for the weekend so it was just us. We watched a couple of movies. After it was over he started to kiss me. He pushed me down on the coutch. I told him that I really wanted to go home since I was tired but he refused to let me leave. I tried to get him off me but he wouldnt move. He just kept advancing on me and...' she puts her head down.
'Evie what did he do to you?'
She looks at me teary eyed.
'Have you ever wondered why Ive been so self-concious about my body?'
I nod.
'Well...'
She lifts her top off and I gasp. Her back is covered in bruises. I run my hand gently over them.
'How come I havent noticed it before?'
She smiles.
'Cause youve always been ontop if me!'
I laugh but turn serious again.
'Why didnt you tell me?'
'Cause I was scared. I was scared because I didnt know what you would think of me. I thought that maby you would find me ugly and break up with me'
'I would never do that. I would never think of you as ugly. Your beautiful. You always have been and you always will be. I love you'
She looks at me.
'I love you too'
She kisses me.
'Does your parents know about the bruising?'
'Yeah. I went to hospital. They said there was nothing they could do about it'
A tear runs down her cheek.
'When I saw him I was so scared. I didnt know what to think. He came closer and I just...I was so scared' she says starting to cry.
'Well hes gone now. And Im here. I always will be. Ill always protect you. I promise'
She nods and rests her head on my shoulder.
'How old were you?'
'16'
'Wow. Thats young. I didnt even have a girlfriend then!'
She laughs.
'Im the first one youve ever had'
'I know. And its been the best time of my life'
She smiles.
I love her so much.