Chapter 12

Stiles' POV:

So there I was, casually doing my usual hitting-on-a-girl-but-miserably-failing-because-she's-hotter-than-me thing when she actually laughed at something I said. I stared at her in pure bewilderment, honestly not expecting her to respond in such away. Proudly I continued to talk with the girl, but then like usual someone always has to turn up and ruin the moment.

Only this time it was Derek.

When my gaze locked with his, his green eyes holding my vision tight and not allowing a release, my heart stopped - No seriously. I skipped a dozen beats, not just one. A wave of anxiety brushed over me, a storm of anger brewed deep inside me, all whilst my heart was desiring his touch. His lips. His body. Him. Butterflies violently batted around in the pit of my stomach and it felt as if they were trying to create a hole in my body. Then I notice the scowl firmly put upon Derek's face. Shit. Shitty shittingly shit shit SHIT. He looks seriously pissed... like he's going to tear me in half right here right now. I've never seen him this freaking angry before, he also reeks of alcohol.

I'm screwed. Yep, thank you God for this nice life but there is no way I'll be alive at the end of the night. But why is Derek pissed at me? What have I done to him? He's the one who broke down my guard and abandoned me... FOR KATE!? I mean why the hell would he even go back to her!? Has he completely forgotten what she did to him!?

Mid mental rant, a tear slides down my face because this is the man I love. I know it now, I love Derek. I love him unconditionally and I've lost him, he's not mine anymore. There's nothing for us now, the one I treasure is gone from me. He's turned his back on me, he's forgotten me. So maybe I sob whilst his clawed hand reaches up around my throat, and grips on tightly. Maybe being suffocated to death would be less painful than what he's doing to me.

I barely hear what he says over my the noise in the bar, it's loud from the noises of people being happy and drinking whilst I'm slowly being murdered by Derek. He yells at me and what I hear was something along the lines of "Why would you burn my house down... I have no one left..." in a throaty yell.

In complete disbelief I stutter out the word 'What' - only to be the fuel to Derek's fire.

"You heard me... I'll tear your throat out right here..." I heard more this time, but still the noise in the bar was too overwhelming to hear everything. Why would he think I started the fire... He knows that was Kate. I again try to mutter out another phrase, but Derek only accuses me of being a liar. Fury takes over me, how he could be so cruel like this - accusing me of something he knows his stupid new bitch has done.

"Derek, listen to my heartbeat." I start, looking at him straight in the eyes. Those longing beautiful green eyes that have so many different tones and highlights in an intriguing pattern. He has beautiful eyes, and this'll be the last time I see them. "You know that wasn't me! You know that was Kate! Why are you being like this!? What have I done to you to make you treat me like shit!?" I continue, beginning to sob at the end. Derek looks helplessly at me, mutters a sorry and how he thought I was someone else before being dragged away. I continue to sob, I stand there against the wall, the girl I was previously hitting on had obviously left after the commotion. Tears flood my eyelids and come gushing down my face, how could Derek be like that?

I just don't understand his behaviour recently, it's as if he has literally forgotten everythi- I think to myself before whipping my phone out of my back pocket, and slamming Scott's number into the device. I know exactly what's happened to Derek.

Derek's POV:

The man, 'my uncle' Peter, leads me into a twenty-four hour diner and orders me to sit down. He goes over to the waitress serving the food at the counter and hands her some money. She leaves, presumably to go and make the food Peter just ordered. He sits across me in the booth, and looks at me. He studies my face trying to figure out something, I move around uncomfortably under his glare.