Chapter 8

Stiles' POV:

Surprisingly, Scott turns up at my house and demands me to come with me, saying it's urgent, but I just ignore him. "Stiles, just come with me. It urgent. Please!" He exclaims. I feel guilty but I don't want to be involved in any of the pack's affairs, no matter how 'urgent it is'. What happens next shocks me out of my skin. Scott marches over to me, picks me up, places me in a fireman's carry over his shoulder and marches out of the door. I wriggle and thrust my body about but his werewolf strength keeps me in place. "When I say this is urgent, I mean it is urgent. At least I'm not dragging you with my teeth like Derek suggested." I sigh at his comment. Derek wouldn't do this unless it really was urgent but it shouldn't concern me. I don't want to see him after he shouted at me, I made that very clear by ignoring him.

After Scott drives us to Derek's loft he grabs me by the arm and drags me into the elevator. We make our way up in silence, and Scott tells me off for making us late. He's not normally this forceful but he's probably pissed off at my lack of cooperation. I've not seen this side of Scott for a while, his bossy and extremely serious side that only comes out in cases of emergency.

The elevator reveals Derek's loft, the rest of the pack are all stood around the table by the window of Derek's room. Everyone gives me a glance showing their disapproval from my lack of punctuality. "Now that we're all finally here." Derek begins coldly, firing a glare at me. "Let's begin." He continues. "Kate Argent is after Peter, and possibly myself. And before you all ask how I know this, she just ambushed me and we had a nice little chat about what she wants. For your own benefit I want you all to leave Beacon Hills."

The pack begin to object but Derek holds his hand up to silence them. "No arguing. I've made it clear what I need you to do, and I want you all gone by tomorrow." Even I let out a little gasp at that demand. "It's for your own good, please just stay away. Maybe when this all blows over you guys can come back but I don't know if that will even happen let alone when..." The pack glare around the room in confusion. "I'm only trying to protect you all, we don't even know what she is let alone what she is capable of." Derek continues. I may be angry at him but his caring nature shining through in this desperate time is a real comfort to me. It's hard to stay angry at someone who has such good intentions, it really is. I fear for Derek though, Kate could easily kill him, and she probably will. Letting Derek escape my eyesight really isn't an option. I know he'll object because of his inherited Hale obstinacy.

"Well, seeming as I'm the alpha, I make the decisions about my pack. Right?" Scott spurs. The rest of the pack agrees, except Peter who boldly leaves the loft - but it's not as if any of us actually care. "And because I'm the leader, I say that we stay but we stay with each other and don't go out alone. We can't just up and go Derek, but we'll stay out of sight and out of harms way."

"She's dangerous Scott. You don't know what you're signing your pack up for-"

"It's my pack right?"

Derek nods.

"Then let me tell them what to do." Scott turns to the pack before he begins again. "We stay, and we'll spend the evening here tonight." He smiles. "Just in case..." He adds in at the end perkily.

Fortunately that's exactly what we all did, Derek set up a movie on his newly purchased TV, and everyone gathered round to watch together. At some point during the movie, Derek made his way over to where I was sitting and his hand interlocked itself with mine. A small smile drew itself across my face and every ounce of dismay I felt towards Derek escapes my body.

I can't even remember falling asleep but I do remember waking in Derek's arms, him carrying me up to his room with a gentle but steady grip on my small frame. He places me on his bed slowly, and covers me with his quilt. He releases a small kiss from his lips and places it on my cheek. I smile weakly, my mind trying to wake up but my body is being reluctant and wants to retrace it's path to the deep sleep I was previously enjoying. Derek makes his way into bed with me, and he rests his head on me and wraps an arm on my stomach. Honestly, it shocked me. Derek doesn't seem like the one to want to get comfortable on someone else but there he was, nodding off resting his head on my chest. My arm travelled it's way round Derek and found it's place holding Derek.