Chapter 11

Derek POV:

Teenagers these days are truly disgusting, both in behaviour and smell. Some random one just came up to me, started verbally and physically abusing me. I've never been so confused in my life, and considering I've been raised in the supernatural world... I've seen a lot of confusing things. This stupid kid started yelling at me for something I've done to another one of these delinquents, Stiles. The kid was an alpha but the size of him was nothing in comparison to myself - and his strength wasn't completely developed so he struggled to even land a hit. It's generally been a rough day, I woke up with a horrible headache and everything was just confusing to me. I couldn't remember anything from my more recent past but fortunately Kate helped fill it all in.

Someone set my house on fire, and all of my family burned to death in it. I was the only survivor, she also told me that it was gone by a group of youths one day as a prank. My entire family gone at the hands of a group of punks, If I ever find out who they were I'll rip their throats out. With my teeth. Kate also told me that after the fire, we met in a bar in town and we've been together ever since. I confess that I should trust her, but for some reason I can't remember anything about her or ever being with her...

In a fury I drive home back to an empty flat, another thing about Kate that doesn't make me want to trust her - she's always "away on business". Her heartbeat stays constant throughout her speech, but maybe she's just good at lying. I settle into my sofa alone and think about the scenario that just occured, the kid Scott seemed vaguely familiar sort of in a brotherly way. The girl seemed familiar too, I thought I recognised her face... Maybe someone who works at the store? And then that name. Stiles. The more I think about it the more I come to accept the fact that I know that name, from somewhere... I just don't know where.

Stiles POV:

"HE DOESNT EVEN CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH HE'S HURT ME. NO. DESTROYED ME. THAT SON OF A BITCH IS GONNA GET A PIECE OF MY MIND I SWEAR TO GOD..." I continue to ramble on in a raised voice. What the hell is wrong with Derek!? Has he completely forgotten about my existence? Well screw him. Screw him! Screw Derek so much and screw Kate too for ruining what we had. Did we have anything though? Was it all just a hoax for Derek to be an ass about?

"He's going to get a piece of all of our minds Stiles don't you worry about that." Scott says in a hushed voice, when he goes that quiet it's a signal of his anger. What with him being an alpha now, I should fear that anger taking control.

"It just doesn't make sense though..." Lydia begins.

"Well we're a pack so we're all going to gang up on him-" Scott intervenes.

"No not that Scott. I mean how he could be such a jerk, he's gotten so much more... friendly... recently."

"Yeah, that's what we all thought." I began. "But he's screwed it up. I never want to see him again. Ever. And I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't either." I demand in a huff. Scott and Lydia both nod, and give each other a look that I can't quite establish what it means. They head towards the store, seeming as Scott never actually made it in and continue talking in hushed voices, obviously having a conversation without or maybe even about me. I couldn't care less, the bastard - who's name shall not be stated in order to move on - has screwed me up. I'm past caring about people anymore, about what they say, do or act. Screw this world, screw life. Karma will fuck him up I bet.

Derek's POV:

After a few hours of silence and loneliness in my loft, Kate decides to turn up. Our embrace lingers, but I shudder slightly after my earlier thoughts about her absence. Curiosity storms inside me, swirling around my brain and entire body as a matter of fact - building up in intensity. I desire to seek the truth, where she goes; why she goes away for such a long time; why or how I recognise that name - Stiles. I figure that there's no better time to ask so I just put it straight out there.