Chapter 14

Stiles' POV:

I gag, swallow the knot in my throat and desperately try to vaporise Kate with a deathly glare. The whole pack stares at her in bewilderment, and how she even got in here without any of us noticing. I mean, we were completely absorbed by the news of Allison helping Kate, so I guess not even the werewolves would've noticed.

"Now, let's make this quick kiddies. Give me Peter and Derek, and I'll leave the rest of you untouched." Kate ordered patronisingly. I look over at Derek, his face full of terror at what Kate would do to him. That look is killing me.

"Why don't you just take Peter?" I ask genuinely. What she even needed with Derek, now that he knew the truth, was completely unguessable. Scott shoots me a disapproved look. "What? Come on, you were all thinking it."

"Thanks Stiles. Just remember I could just as easily kill you as you can make snide little comments." Peter responds sharply. I try to respond to his threat but Kate cuts me off.

"Just shut up you two and give me-"

"No, you shut up Kate. I'm not just going to hand over my pack. So if you want either of them, you'll have to get through me first."

"Shouldn't be much of a challenge." Kate says storming over to Scott, who deflects her - sending her flying back through the doorway and crashing into the wall. Scott marches over to her rage oozing from his body. He allows a  poweful roar, accompanied by a flash of his glowing crimson eyes, to release itself from his lips.

"Get. Out. Of. My. House." He orders to the monster lying in a hole in the wall. He displays himself with a quiet and controlled anger, but at the same time with an extreme amount of authority none of us were expecting.

"Not until I get what I came here for." She says after spitting out blood. Peter is already dialling Isaac's number, and Lydia dialling Aiden's. I rush over to Derek, and release him from the restraints. He looks at me panicked, and goes over to Scott who is already fighting with Kate.

Kate's movements are very agile, presise and seem almost calculated. Her body ducks under Scott's attempts to lay a punch on her. Derek has no luck too, with Kate being so nimble. They try for some time, whilst Kate manages to place deep cuts in both of their bodies. The gashes don't begin to heal, which sends a blast of apprehension through my mind.

Scott grows in rage as his eyes begin to turn a burning red. He rockets his body at Kate, throwing her down the stairs. He rolls off of her at the bottom, Kate still lying there on the floor. Derek rushes down the stairs too, leaving Peter, Lydia and myself to watch from the safety of Scott's bedroom. Derek grabs Kate's body from the floor and flings it through one of the windows, the glass shattering as she flies through it. We all rush to follow Derek and Scott, outside the moon is starting to come out and Derek continues to advance towards Kate.

Her eyes lock onto Derek and, still on the ground, she starts to back away from him going further out onto Scott's lawn. Derek begins to change, his ears becoming pointed, his facial hair growing and his eyes changing to the cold blue. He continues to get closer and closer to Kate, who has stopped retreating now. Derek's clawed hand grips around her throat, and holds her above the ground. Her plale skin starts to tint a faint blue and her lips lose their red tone.

"Derek... Let her go..." Scott says calmly to the wolf. But Derek keeps his grip on Kate, like it's the most important thing in the world to him. That the most important thing to do is to take her life. The blue colour over Kate's body becomes darker and darker, a menacing grin appearing on her face as she manages to kick Derek away from her. Scott grabs hold of Derek, restricting him from attacking Kate again. "Not in this form, not when we don't know what she can do." he whispers into his ear. Derek begins to change back to his human form, and I sigh in relief.