Chapter 6

Derek's POV:

I wake up to Stiles snoring gently with his head on my chest and my arm wrapped around him. Half of Stiles's body is on top of mine, resting subtly on me. I stare at Stiles, this young teenager in bed with a werewolf. His brain that never ceases to amaze me rests peacefully. However no matter how peaceful Stiles is, I need to pee so much it feels like mini Derek is about to explode. Trying to remove myself from Stiles' grasp is difficult, I have to wriggle my way to the side silently as to not wake him. I sigh with relief when my feet feel the comfort of the bare floor. I tread carefully over to my bathroom, but I have to rush otherwise I fear that I won't make it to the toilet in time.

After a satisfactory toilet break, I make my way back to my bedroom to reveal a wide awake Stiles grinning madly at me. "What?" I question. Stiles glares at me mischievously when I realise I came back out in my underwear without a shirt on - out of force of habit. I don't bother to cover up because I know that Stiles is enjoying the view from his evident wandering eyes. "It's rude to stare Stiles." I remark sarcastically. I make my way back into bed, and join Stiles. He too is in his boxers but he has a shirt on. Curiosity grows inside of me to see what is beneath that shirt, I want to tear it off - with my teeth.

We resume our embrace, Stiles small frame against my overpowering one. I fear being to strong for him, I fear snapping him in half sometimes. An werewolf against a human, something has to go wrong eventually. What I did to Peter yesterday looms over me making me want to stay in this room forever with Stiles.

"What if we could read each other's minds Derek?" Stiles inquires.

"Why'd you say that?" I ask back.

"I don't know, it just popped in my head."

"Oh. Well if I could read your mind...?"

"Well for starters... We wouldn't be wearing any clothes. And we wouldn't be just hugging." I can't help but laugh at his response. That's what I like about Stiles, he makes me laugh and he brings me back to myself. He keeps me sane. "We should probably go downstairs, and find out what's going on with Peter."

My body stiffens when Stiles suggests that. I don't want to face the pack, after what I did to Peter yesterday. I can't, I just can't. Stiles notices my body stiffening and places his hands on my biceps. Stiles' touch is electric, and it sends a buzz through my entire body. I look at Stiles, trying to guilt-trip him, into allowing me to stay. But Stiles gives me a strict glare in return. He gets up to leave but I hold onto him, restricting his movement. Stiles struggles to free himself from my controlling grasp. "5 more minutes, pleeeeeaaaaseee" I beg him. Stiles gives up trying to free himself, and turns to face me.

"Fine." He replies. "But I'm not helping you get dressed this time." I let out a moan but Stiles keeps his face stern and enforces his rule. We both change separately and we prepare to leave the comfort of my bedroom.

"I'm not sure about this Stiles..." I turn back to him. To be honest, I'm terrified to go behind that door and to unleash what awaits. What I did to Peter was unforgivable, the pack will all be judging my actions. Will I even have a pack anymore after my outburst?

"You'll be fine. I'll be with you the whole way." At that my muscles relax. Stiles comes closer and lays a short kiss on my lips, the subtlety of it leaves me ever so restless and desiring more but it leaves me with a push to get me to open the door.

I make my way down the spiral stair case, Peter is lying on the sofa - still scarred from my previous attack. The wounds will probably take a bit longer, considering that I used to be an alpha so the ability to render them into lasting longer remains... slightly. The rest of the pack are there - and they all look up longingly at my return. I give a weak smile at the pack and continue down the steps. I reach the bottom of the steps and no one moves. Not even an inch. "Well are you all just going to stand there and say nothing or are you going to actually do something?" I question the room angrily. I realise what I did was wrong, but I was provoked, however I can't let the pack know what Peter said. I want Stiles and I to be to ourselves rather than publicising it with the pack. "Can someone please say something?" I continue, getting increasingly agitated.

"I will." a sarcastic voice pipes up, I know who said it before I even look in the direction it came from. "Thank you for attacking me yesterday Derek, leaving me even weaker than I was before. Thank you." Peter continues. If looks could kill he'd be sprawled upon the floor screaming for mercy.

"Shut up Peter." Scott defends. "We're glad you're okay." he continues to me. Scott's hand is shaking nervously, and he keeps trying to subtly look around at the rest of the pack.

"What is it?"

"Huh?" Scott responds nervously, he's awful at hiding things.

"Why are you shaking Scott?" I point to his hand. Scott covers swiftly, and starts walking around to the front of my flat. I follow him, and the curiosity grows deeper inside me screaming to know the answer. "Where are we go-" I begin but then Scott shows me the outside of my door, someone has spray-painted 'ARGENT' on the door, undoubtedly Kate.  Below that reads "We're coming for you Derek" scratched into the door. Scott returns through the door and the breaths I take start to rise and fall getting increasingly heavier. My hands grip around the side of the Door and I slam it shut behind me. I'm apprehensive of an attack from Kate, but not for my sake, for Stiles' and the rest of the pack's sake. I can't let people get hurt because of me. Anger gets increasingly stronger in my mind with the thought of my pack being hurt, and worse, at the hands of Kate. I storm my way over to my desk and rest my hands on it, lowering my head.

The view outside is one of the reasons I bought this house. It looks out onto the centre of the city, from the edge of it. My sisters used to take me to a spot on the woods to overlook the whole of the city when I was younger, even then I thought it was incredible. Now having that view reminds me of my past, and keeps me there. It reminds me of the good old days when Laura and I would fight around in the house, then go running through the woods. We always ended up somewhere we hadn't been before but then made our way back, with our werewolf abilities. Laura was my best friend as a child, my closest sibling. My mind returns back to what I have just seen, and anger rises again inside of me.

"Everyone. Out. Now." I say quietly. I know they all would have heard it, but no one moves. I can almost feel the anger boiling up inside of me, rage taking over my mind and my wolf side screaming at my human side. "I said... Get out NOW." I roar at the teenagers. The twins go to pick up Peter off from the sofa, and everyone withdraws from the room. Everyone, except Stiles. I care about him, I care about him so much but the best way to protect him is to stay away from him. He can't get caught up in this war between me and Kate. It's me she's after, and I cant let him get in the way, the prospect of Stiles getting hurt makes my gut wrench. "Even you Stiles. Go home." I say to him without moving from my position.

"But-" he begins. But I cut him off by spinning around and placing a delicate kiss on his lips, the only way I know will shut him up. His arms reach up towards my head but I terminate their movement before they reach my face. I pull back and smile at him, and he looks at me in confusion.

"Stiles, go home. It's not safe here." I voice. I remove myself away from Stiles and return to my desk and start flicking through a brochure of apartments available to rent in California. Stiles still doesn't move, and although it is him, anger starts bubbling away inside me. "Stiles. Go." I say with a purposely agitated tone. Yet he continues to defy me. "STILES JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR GOD SAKE." The words fly out of my mouth irreversibly. Stiles feet finally shuffle away and out of my home, I feel guilty for shouting at him but he needs protecting.

He needs protecting from me.