Chapter 13

Derek's POV:

I continued spending time with Kate, what little time it was, because she was always 'working'. The time spent with her was awful, now knowing her secrets and the real her. I had to do it though, because that's what we had discussed.

Scott said we had to get into her 'lair' somehow in order to destroy it, and hopefully her. And in order to find her den, I needed to get a good idea of her scent. Unfortunately, because Kate spent so much time away, it was difficult to get hold of her scent. Considering my memory has been wiped, the werewolf skills need a bit of a re-vamp.

That only raises another issue... my self control on the full moon. It was tomorrow, and if my scent abilities needed more work, then theres no doubt that my wolf side could easily take over. Scott had arranged for some form of restraint for the night, for which I was extremely grateful. My lack of trust in other people was bad enough, but the lack of trust I had for myself was only worse.

In the evening Kate returned home, and a lifeless kiss was routinely placed on her lips. She told me that she could only stay for a few minutes - as she had to get back to work - but she wanted to make sure she popped in for me. I have to admit, she wasn't a bad person to spend time with now. She was caring, and she was rather protective which was something I was fond of. However the fact remains that she was a monster, a mass murderer and a downright bitch.

Disregarding the plan of waiting until after the full moon, I decided to follow Kate and try and locate her den/lair/hideaway. After I heard her car zoom away, I made my way down the elevator and swifly ran after her car. I could recognise her scent quite a bit by now, very well considering It'd only been a week since the meeting with Scott, Peter and Lydia, so I could follow her scent well enough if I lost sight of the car. It was quite dark, so the reflection of the lights on buildings and the road were easy to spot out, and it also provided a cover for me.

I followed her to an industrial area of Beacon Hills, where many abandoned buildings stood. I chose to hide behind one, and looked out to where Kate's car was stationary only a mere hundred meters away. I prayed she wouldn't notice me, because I'm sure that would ruin the whole operation for the team. Her body rose out of the vehicle and marched into a building, easily recognisable as it had a symbol engraved into one of it's walls. The symbol was a spiral, and looked as if it had been scratched into the building's weak structure. The building looked slightly out of place, almost as if the buildings around it had been newly built or re-built.

I snuck over to the building, and hid against one of the walls and listened intently to what the people inside were saying.

"Hows the list going Allison?" I recognised Kate ask.

"Fine, I've gathered considerably more people today." A female voice replied, it sounded young.

"Excellent. I need it done by tomorrow. So keep working on it."

"I will." I heard the female voice respond.

"There's my good little neice." Kate replied with an almost sour laugh at the end.

I heard more voices in the background, whispering so that I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. Kate obviously picked up on them because the whispering stopped when she asked. "Anything interesting boys?"

"N-No b-b-boss." A male voice piped up. "We're... we're just concerned that's all..."

"About what boys?" Kate asked, getting angrier.

"Well... Last time the moon was here... you almost killed us... and I - we - were thinking that you could... maybe... restrain yourself?" The male voice responded weakly.