Chapter 17: Baby

**ZOY'S POV**

THE DAY OF THE FIGHT

5 PM

Its been a few weeks since me and Gabriel ran away together and things have been going pretty good. I manage to get a job and so has Gabriel. Even though he's not used to hard labor but it helps pay bills. We manage to get an apartment on a really cheep price. Right now I'm on my way to that apartment as we speak. With my IPod and headphones on while I drive my motorcycle. Honestly, Nobody really care for us. We've been gone for weeks and not even one single call or people looking for us. I'm glad we left.

I finally made it to the apartment building. I parked my bike in the back and got off it. I began to go up the elevator and I reached our floor. Even though we left, I still couldn't get Peter out of my head. Like, I knew he wasn't single and I knew that he was out of my league but still. I still liked him even though I tried everything to forget him. But who am I kidding? I'm an 18 year old senior who ran away with her best friend, has lived a god awful life, has a god awful personality and looks, and has been bullied her entire life.

But I didn't just runaway because of the bullying and my family. There was...Another reason. I finally reached our apartment door. I opened the door to find that it was completely empty. As in, nobody was home. Which was weird since Gabriel doesn't have a ride and didn't have to go anywhere...where could he be. I set down my helmet and keys on the kitchen counter. It was really quite too.

Zoy: Gabe! I'm home.

There was no response. I walked up to the hallway that lead to our room. I saw that the door was broken down. shit. I thought to myself. I went back into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. All of my weapons where in the room so Its possible that whoever, or whatever, Was armed and dangerous. I quietly walked up to the door, knife In hand. I then heard noises...

Dad: Now...you will forget about her and everything you disgusting idiots did together.

Gabriel: *muffled speech*

Dad: Shut up!

Of course it was dad. What other maniac brakes down a fucking door but not before braking into an apartment complex. I heard him punch Gabe. That's when I snapped. He can hurt me all he wants but never, NEVER, mess with my friends old man.

I ran into the room and grabbed his hand. He twisted my arm in defense and took the knife away from me. He pinned me onto the floor and stared at me.

Dad: You little brat. You still have a lot to learn before you can even hurt me.

Zoy: really?

I knee kicked him in the stomach and then kicked his balls. I pushed him off of me and punched him in the nose. He rolled in pain as i stood up. I saw that Gabriel was tied to a chair and with tape on his mouth. I quickly untied him and removed the tape from his mouth.

Gabriel: I love you, so much right now.

Zoy: I know you do bae.

I said while removing the last knot. Gabriel had bruises all over his body and a black eye. I placed his arm around me but before we could leave I heard my father getting up and prepare to hurt us. I pushed Gabe to the side causing him to fall down. I quickly turned and dodged my dads left hook. I dodge a right hook and then punched him on his upper lip. I went into a blocking stance as my father recovered balance. He looked at me dead in the eyes.

Dad: You bitch!

Zoy: Finally! Something accurate came out of you're mouth!

dad: Grrr