Chapter 9: Different Perspective

I opened the door to find Andrew with a black hoodie on and some jeans. His hair was really messy but his clean, pearly white teeth made up for it. He smiled once he saw that I answered the door.

Emerald: Hey
Andrew: H-Hey.

I closed the door behind me and stepped outside.

Emerald: what's up?

Andrew: oh ummm...u-uh Umm- shit!

I laughed and looked at Andrew.

Emerald: what's wrong Andrew?

Andrew: I was gonna say something really cool that Chris would say but I forgot my line.

Emerald:...and why would you want to do that?

Andrew: I-I thought that you would like me more if I were like Chris...

Emerald: awww, Andrew... I like you more than Chris!!

Andrew: why? Chris is so cool and popular while I'm...not.

Emerald: trust me. I rather be friends with a nice and smart guy than a buffoon.

Andrew gave me an adorable smile. He then took a deep breath and exhaled.

Andrew: wanna go for a walk?

Emerald: sure.

Me and Andrew began to walk around town while talking. We really weren't talking about any specific topic. After a while of laughing and deep conversations we made it to an abandoned bus stop in an inhabited part of town. We sat there and kept talking.

Emerald: Ah! I have a question! Why was Chris calling you a fagot when you two fought?

Andrew: well

Andrew chuckled nervously and looked to the ground.

Andrew: a few years ago, I came out to the school...and I guess someone told Chris.

Emerald: wait. You're...?

Andrew: I was gay. I've had two boyfriends and yes my parents did accept me. But as time grew on I new that I just wanted someone to settle down with. Man or Woman.

I was in shock by his words. I didn't have words for his answer.

Andrew: yea. I know it's kinda a lot to take in but, you know, If you don't want to be my friend because of that it's ok-

Emerald: no! I do wanna be your friend! Gay or not you're still an amazing guy.

Andrew: r-really?

Emerald: yea!!

I didn't even have to think twice for that answer. Andrew smiled at me and looked at the ground once more.

Andrew: my turn. What did Chris meant to you?

I stopped smiling. I felt an emotion of pain and sadness go over me. How could I still be hooked up about Chris? I took a deep breath and decided that I should tell Andrew.