Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Blake’s POV

I watched my mate stare out the window of the car, she seemed deep in thought about something, and my god-damn wolf wouldn't stop yapping. Rubbing my temples, I felt a headache, it had been there for an hour, but it felt like it wasn’t part of me; almost as if it was through a link.

‘It’s our mate you idiot, she’s got a headache. Help her.’ He demanded, I can’t ever recall a time when he was so pushy about a matter; hell, I can’t even remember a time when he was so happy. But hey, this was about my mate.

“You’ve got a headache” I stated confidently, studying her face. She looked over at me, and nodded. Not saying anything.

“Car sickness” she smiled weakly, and continued to look out the window. I narrowed my eyes at her, willing the truth to come out of her by staring at her back.

“I’m fine, really” she soothed, it wasn’t very effective. Deciding to let it go for now, I wanted us to get to know each other better.

“So… Which pack did you come from?” I wanted to know who her former pack was, when the counsel rang me up, saying they had found my mate, I thought that it wouldn’t be possible for another to have the same blood colour as me, and not notice.

But it was

“Oak Wood pack, Alpha Jacob” she instantly spoke, as if it was drilled into her brain. I quickly looked up to my left –a horrible habit I have when I’m trying to remember something- and I suddenly remember the Oak Wood pack mentioned in one of my pack meetings.

“Ahh… yeah, I know them” I confirmed, watching as shock quickly passed through her eyes.

“You know them?” disbelief coated her voice, as she raised both her eyebrows- I noticed was something she did when she thought she was hearing bullshit.

“Yeah, you guys are in Ohio” I guessed, remembering something else along the borderlines of that in the conversation about the oak Wood pack.

“You guessed, didn’t you?” she smirked, it was just the tilt of her lips, but it instantly lifted my mood.

“How did you…” I trailed off, how the hell did she know?

“Your face, it’s as easy as a book to read. But I think that’s just me” she said to herself, scrunching her chin a little. It was a bit weird, considering all my life I have been taught to hide my emotions, and suddenly the person I just met hours ago acts as though my emotions were written on my forehead.

“Don’t look so shocked” she teased, “I understand that I’m amazing and everything, but at least pretend you saw that coming”

My mouth hung open

It was scary how alike our personalities were; usually it was me who was acting like that. She just comes in, and already I feel like we were long lost friends- but more than that. I just don’t get how I can’t read her emotions.

“Why can’t I read yours…?” I asked confused, a guarded look instantly took upon her face, and her eyes flashed with pain but before I could really get a look at it, it was gone.

“Ahh…” she looked like she was hacking her brain for an excuse, “It’s just a gift” she lied, I desperately wanted to ask what happened to her life before I found her, but I knew she would try to avoid the subject.

“Wish I had it” I muttered, going along with what she wanted me to believe.

One day I will find out.