Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Leera's POV

Looking around the airport, Blake insisted that he would carry my suitcase. I considered it insulting that he wouldn't let me carry it; it was as if he thought I wasn't strong enough to do so. Looking ahead, there were families, businessmen in suits, and elderly couples buying tickets and checking in.

"Over here" Blake called, pointing towards the first-class check in. the line was considerably smaller than the others; it only had one person- who fell under the category of the 'business man'. He had a small suitcase -smaller than mine- and was talking on an iPhone, while waving gestures to the lady behind the counter.

"Whoa... first-class" I muttered, I had never been on first-class. Growing up in foster homes and orphanages, I lived a very confusing life. I could only have the basic items. Shortly after I tuned sixteen, I got a job in the pack as a warrior, it got me some money; enough to buy an apartment, and pay for school fees and basic necessities.

"Yeah, I would've had one of my private jets' take us, but they're all under maintenance, so first will have to do" he shrugged, I stared at him open mouthed. How can someone talk so easily about how first class wasn't good enough?

"I've only been on economy" I admitted, "and even then I flew rarely"

"Oh... what did you do for a living? I know you live outside the pack house" he asked, looking at me attentively.

"I started out as a pack warrior at sixteen, and then later on I became the general's advisor. Pretty cool job" I said, I loved training and fighting with the pack, it was the one time I could clear my head. His eyes bugged out of his head.

"G- Generals advisor" he chocked, "you started as a warrior, then a year later you go up 6 ranks?"

"Pretty much" I shrugged; I don't see what the big deal is... when he finally calmed down, he had an almost proud expression on his face, what the...

"Whoa, you must be an amazing fighter... at least I know my mate can defend herself" I ignored the last part of what he said, and the tingly feeling that came with it.

The lady at the counter cleared her throat, and we stepped up, him doing all the paper work and details. After going through the baggage check, we waited outside gate 14 to Florida.

"Hey, you haven't mentioned anything about your parents-"

"Could all first-class passengers on flight 34JK to Florida please board the aeroplane? All first-class passengers" I was thankful for the interruption, I didn't want to have to explain that I didn't have any. He gave me a lop-sided smile, and started walking towards the hostesses, flashing them the tickets, before walking down the never ending corridor.

Walking down the boring hallway to the plane, they had posters for advertisement, such as the 'don't smoke' ads, and 'drink driving'. They also had a whole tub of earphones, but I ignored it.

"We're in row 2A and B" he informed me, taking my elbow and steering me around the people who were trying to get into their seats. Opening a curtain, we entered a spacy room filled with plush leather seats. There were cup holders and fold down chairs- this would probably be one of the best flights of my life.

Sitting down in our seats, I could help but sink in, and sigh in content.

"Like it?" he smirked teasingly, I hit him over the head and nodded, getting ready to sleep. I'm so going to make the most of this.

We were in the car, and on to the way to the pack house.

"You have a very unusual name, you know?" Blake was starting to annoy me, asking stupid questions about me. I'm mean, really? He asks if I know that my name is unusual, was he joking? I rolled my eyes, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my denim jeans.