Chapter 38 - Epilogue

Leera's POV

"Go away!" I muttered as the pounding of my head kept getting worse. Couldn't he just fuck off?! I pushed the last of my clothes and toiletries into my suitcase and scanned the room for any items that I may have missed. The room was stripped bare and only the furniture was left, the walls were a dull cream colour and the floorboards shiny from all the polishing it has been through.

The ensuite also only had the bare necessities, with a toilet, shower/bath, sink and mirror. There was only one window in this room, and it faced an ugly brick wall. I wasn't too happy about it, but others were sharing rooms while I had a private one with a queen sized bad. My headache faltered for a moment and I sighed in relief as the pounding stopped.

I walked into the room and swept the keys off the night stand, placing them in a small cupboard behind the door, where I was told to put them. The room was eerily quiet; I was used to music blasting through the building as wasted young adults constantly partied.

I froze as I head my phone ring from my carry bag and I jogged to grab it before it stopped. I didn't check the caller ID as I answered the phone.

"Hello, Leera Evans speaking" I said as I started zipping my suitcase back up, frowning when I got stuck at the corner.

"Exactly why haven't you been answering me?!" Blake growled at me through the phone, loudly. I lifted the device away from my ear as he practically screamed at me. "Do you know how worried I was?! I almost called the police when you kept ignoring me! Do you even want to attend college, because at this rate you'll be permanently back in Florida if you keep ignoring me when I try to contact you!"

"You linked me an hour ago, Blake. Calm your tits" I rolled my eyes as I heard Blake breathing heavily down the line. And yes, I was in Denver right now, packing my suitcase because I had just finished my first semester and was ready to spend the holiday break in Florida.

"Calm my tits?! How am I supposed to calm down when I don't know if you're safe, or if you've been kidnaped, raped, gotten into a fight, dead-"

"OK, OK. I get it, you're worried, but I'm perfectly fine, see, I'm talking to you right now. You have to stop thinking the worst every time I block the link; I'm more than capable at taking care of myself, father" I muttered, picking up my suitcase, rolling it behind me as I closed the door, walking down the corridor.

"You know my wolf doesn't like you being away from pack land" Blake murmured as I walked out of the doors, looking for a black SUV that had the number plate 'FMOON23'. Blake had gotten one of his personal chauffer to come out to pick me up; I think I could've gotten a taxi, but no... It's not 'safe'.

Blake had gotten a lot more possessive and territorial these past months, as I was out of pack lands and he felt as though someone could kill me any second now. He always checked up on me every day, but today he felt like he had to link me every hour.

But I guess his possessiveness wasn't the only that had changed. Avery and Carlos had moved in and she had fun being a kindergarten teacher, who knew she loved little kids? I also had gotten help from a psychologist, I felt really sorry for her since the first few sessions I refused to talk, until Blake threatened to lock me up and not let me go to college.

Even though I don't admit it out loud, it did help, a lot. I haven't had a nightmare since and I didn't need to fight as much to get my mind off the horrifying memories of Jackson. Carey, the psychologist was very patient with me and let me vent my anger on her as I swore at her and screamed.

We also worked on my temper and trust issues. Turns out I needed anger management, although the twitching in my eye hasn't stopped, or so Blake says. I did breathing exercises, soothing music sessions, or Carey's favourite one- newspaper ripping.

If they didn't work, then I had to imagine crazy scenes in my head to take my mind off the situation. Like a puppy being kicked, or jelly being poured over Blake, things like that.

I also finally talked to Blake about everything that had happened in my life, and the nitty gritty details of what the rogues did to me. He had a fit and shifted right there and then, growling at seemingly nothing as his wolf paced in front of me.

"Yeah, I know. I'm coming back for the summer holidays anyway, my first semester has finished. Larry's here, anyways" I stated, spotting the SUV park in front of the school.

"Good. OK, I'll let you go, now don't block the link next time, I'd rather not have a heart attack at 20" Blake joked, "my wolf was seriously considering shifting and running to Denver"

"Please don't do that, I don't want a mad Alpha rampaging around America" I laughed, letting Larry take my suitcase as I slipped into the car. "I would have to track you down, and you know I can't be stuffed doing that"

"Wow, I love you too" Blake scoffed, "Bye Lee"

"See ya', boogers" I replied and hung up before Blake could tell me not to call him that. A little cousin of his called him that at Avery's party, and I used that name when I felt like teasing him. I rested my head against the chair, watching us drive away from the college, towards the airport, where one of Blake's private jets would be waiting for me to arrive.

It had only been ten minutes, before Blake tried to contact me through the pack link.

'Do you want sex tonight?' I growled before Blake could get a word in.

'Calm your tits,' Blake smirked, using the same words I used before. 'I only wanted to ask you what you wanted for dinner. Flo wants to cook something special for you and thinks I know what your favourite dish is. Can you tell me something you like, so I don't seem like a bad mate in her eyes?'

'Nope, suffer' I hissed, blocking him out, even though he asked me not too, I didn't want him to persuade me to tell him something I liked. He was very good with making me agree with him.

Just before I left for college, the council had been locked up for good. All of the Alpha's of Northern America had gotten together and built a large underground facility in Texas, where they would be held until they died. As for my mysterious family, I had no idea. I guess I would never know who they are, or if they abandoned me, but what I did know, was that Blake had my back.

I guess some things just didn't change, I thought dryly as the familiar feeling of the same headache from before came back. Blake and I were both very stubborn people, wanting our own way all of the time and fighting over the smallest of things, both with our own problems and struggles, trying to get past them without breaking each other's necks in the process.

We were both very different in our own ways.

But I wouldn't change my blood shade for the world.

Well there you have it, the ending. Thanks guys for all of you who stuck by the book, I'm going to edit the book a little to help define the characters personaloities more, but other than that. It's done!

There won't be a sequel to this book, I already felt like I was dragging it on for too long, so I'm not going to continue it further.

DeathxDemon