Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Blake’s POV

“Yes, yes, I know! Of course I want to find her. What do you mean, are you saying that I don’t?!” I shouted into the phone. Lee’s friend had rung on her mobile and was giving me an earful about what it means to have a mate.

“Why didn’t you protect her then?!” she yelled into the phone, I had to pull away so my eardrums wouldn’t burst. I had no idea who this girl was and she was telling me off!

“You should be careful about how you speak to an Alpha” I snarled, pressing my mouth to her screen. For some weird reason she had a wallpaper that said ‘pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil’, I had no clue about why she would put that as her background, I always thought she would put up a plan for how she would kill me.

Call me scared, but she talked about it a lot.

“Oh please, this is your mate and my best friend we’re talking about-” before she could finish I heard a murmur from someone far away from the phone. A conversation started and the girl started whining about something, but the guy seemed persistent about changing her mind.

“… Fine, fine, I won’t tell him off, but the dude- Okay, Alpha, should learn not to let her out of his sight again” the girl sighed in frustration. The conversation struck up again, but the guy’s voice was rising by the second. Then a crash broke through the silence of the conversation, and an unfamiliar voice greeted me.

“Carlos Montalvo, Falcon pack. I’m sorry about that, Alpha Blake, but my mate-Avery- is just worried about Alpha Leera. They became friends at the house of wolves, she really cares about her a lot…” the line paused for a second, and the girl told Carlos something. “My mate was just wondering, if it isn’t too much to ask, if you could keep her updated about Alpha Leera’s status”

“If I may ask, would I have met Avery before?” I asked, I’m not sure if I want to tell a random girl who claims to be my mates friend, how Leera’s going.

“Yes, you have met me. Remember that day when you first met her and there was this red-head next to her. Well, that was me” she said in a matter-of-fact tone. I growled, not liking her tone, as soon as I answered the phone, she was disrespectful.

“Don’t you growl at me, if Leera’s knew she’d have your balls!” she snarked, I could just imagine a smirk on her pale face, the girl was right, I remembered her. But she was also right about the fact that Leera would have my balls if I did something to Avery.

Damn, why did Lee have to be so violent?

“Okay, you’re right, she would have my balls, but for future reference, don’t ever talk to an Alpha like that again. Your head could end up on a platter” I advised, a quiet ‘I told you so’ came from Carlos, and the line went dead after she said bye.

Softly putting her phone back down, I stared at the wallpaper for about 15 minutes, before the most torturous pain erupted in my lower stomach. It spread down all the way to my mid-thigh, before doubling in pain.