Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Leera’s POV

I had another dream

It was the second one with that ‘wolf’ in it. I honestly was starting to get freaked out; I’ve never had two dreams with the exact same thing in it- it always changes.

I was sitting on my bed, as Avery was sorting through my clothing, I hadn’t packed much, but she still insisted that she see what I had. Supposedly this was ‘bonding time’, since I told her yesterday what happened in room 12. She demanded that we spend the rest of my time here together; after all, she was going to be in a different pack. I wish we were in the same pack, but the chances of that happening were very slim.

Smirking, I watched as she picked up one of my bras, and held it to her chest; looking jealous.

“No fair!” she wined, “how come you get the D’s, and I’m stuck with stupid B?!” she huffed, frowning.

“Trust me Aves, it wasn’t something I could control” I laughed, while rolling my eyes. Most of the effects of her drinking yesterday had worn off, be she still had small quirks. It was quite amusing. Scowling at me, she shoved the bra back into my suitcase roughly.

“Hey, hey, hey! No need to tear up my clothes” I teased, holding my hands up in front of my face. No need to get jealous, I thought. But I wisely kept that comment to myself; she would kill me if I said that aloud. I may have rapid healing skills, but I don’t feel like screwing this day up because I couldn’t keep my mouth shut.

“I wish we were in the same pack…” she sighed, her mood instantly doing a 180. I nodded in agreement, offering her a sad smile, looking towards the clock, I realised I had 10minutes till I had to go to the auditorium.

A knock sounded at the door

“Excuse me miss, but I must take your baggage to the entrance to save time” she said quietly, looking everywhere but my eyes. They probably tell them do that, I though. I gave a small smile, and handed the small girl my suitcase. Her eyes widened when she saw my little suitcase.

“Is- is this all?” she asked surprised, not in a rude way, but more in an interested way. As if every other girl she has met, carried 42 large suitcases like in those cliché movies.

“Yeah, I usually pack light” I shrugged, waving her bye, as she shut the door softly. Turning to Avery, my lip turned down a bit, when I noticed the time.

5 more minutes

“We’ve got 5minutes till we have to go down there” I scowled, kicking the floor with my silver gladiators.

“Do we have to go?” Avery asked in exasperation, blowing her fringe out of her blue eyes.

“Yeah, you know my mate wants to meet me there” I growled, annoyed that he couldn’t do it in a quieter location.

“He’s probably already arrived” she stated. “I wonder why we just whisk you away now that you guys are in the same building” she grumbled, rolling her eyes, muttering ‘males’ under her breath.

“Could all women please report to the auditorium, all women to the auditorium please” a different intercom speaker drawled this time. My heart hammered in my chest, as I thought of all the possible situations that could happen when he found me in the auditorium.

“You’ve got my phone number, right?” she checked, chewing her bottom lip nervously. I didn’t get why she was nervous, shouldn’t I be?

“Let’s go” I sighed, reluctantly trudging towards the auditorium. It seemed like it took forever, but in actual fact it took 5 minutes to reach the auditorium. Each step felt like I was going for a death sentence, when in fact it was the polar opposite.