Jughead *requested*

This one is for @Yamxlett I hope you like it!!!

       Spending the end of the summer moving really sucked, and I wasn't a happy camper. We finished moving about a week ago, and my parents are finally secure enough with the town to let me go out. The girl that lives across the street, Betty Cooper, had been telling me all week about this diner called Pop's. I was reeling to go, but my parents wanted a fancier night on the town.

      "Yani, why aren't you ready for dinner?" My mom pokes her head in my room to ask.

      "I think I'm gonna meet some friends at Pop's. It should be a good time, you know, getting to know more of them and stuff." I lied about meeting friends, but maybe my mom might let me go if she thinks I'm going to be social. That couldn't be further from the truth. I'm almost painfully shy and prefer quiet spaces with few people, and hiding behind my glasses and bangs was a go to.

      "Sure Yani, go make some new friends! But stay safe kiddo, it gets kinda rowdy this time of night."

      Oh God I hope not. I nod my head and smile a thanks to my mom, and start getting out of bed to change.

     I settle on a pair of light wash jeans and a oversized sweater.My parents left about 30 minutes ago, so I just walk out the door and hit the pavement for the short walk to Pop's.

     When I did find my way there, and manage to get inside, I noticed that it was in fact rowdy this time of night. All the seats were packed, and a waitress pointed me in the direction of a booth that was only occupied by one individual. He seemed just as shy as I was, but was very attractive.

    I felt my anxiety creeping up on me, just thinking about sitting across from him. But I was hungry, and my parents know that I'm going to be here. So I swallow my anxiety and began walking over to his booth. I began to tremble, and I started to rethink the whole thing. The waitress leaned over and said, "It's okay darling. He's in here all the time, used to sharing a booth when it gets busy. He's nice, won't bite ya. He also happens to be single."  She then follows that by winking and slightly shoving me forward.

    I walk over to the booth, and slide in across from the handsome boy. "Uh, Hi." I say, blushing instantly, silently wishing I could be more brave. 

    He peeks over the top of his laptop, his gaze quite intimidating," Hello?"

    "Oh yeah, um it's really crowded in here and the waitress told me to sit here. I'm Yani, it's nice to meet you...?" I cringed. I can't believe how stupid I am.

     "I'm Jughead. Yani? That's an interesting name I must say." He slowly shuts the top of his laptop and fold his hands together to give me his full attention.

    "It's Australian. It means power and bravery and all that. None of those being traits that I possess however. Although, Jughead is even more interesting." What if he thinks I'm trying to make fun of him? I promise I'm not trying to, I'm just even more nervous if that's possible because he is so interesting and nice, and need I say handsome. 

      "I don't think you're trying to make fun of me, and you're not too bad yourself there on the interesting, nice, and handsome side." He smirks. Oh my God. He heard me say that, because I'm an idiot and didn't stop talking. 

     "Oh goodness I didn't mean to say that!" I turn red and before I know it, I'm turning fire engine red and I can't stop myself," I have just really embarrassed myself, Jughead." 

     "Hey, I can see why Yani means powerful and brave. You just confessed your feelings. Inadvertently , yes. But still brave." He smiles genuinely and I know that I have a very big crush on him. For now, we'll be friends. Maybe I haven't completely lied to my mom.