Jughead *requested*

This is for WriterGirlme
Hope its good!!

Living in Riverdale my whole life had quite a few perks. During Elementary school I had taken to Archie Andrews, Cheryl and Jason Blossom, and Betty Cooper. We're still close in high school, with the exception of Jason. His untimely passing was one that haunted me. Of course we have added a few companions, Veronica Lodge and my longtime crush, Jughead Jones.

Jughead really stuck out to me in middle school, as he did to most people. But he intrigued me. He is so attractive and mysterious, it made me wonder. By high school he fell in with us.

But living in Riverdale for so long also had its downsides. Reggie Mantle being exactly all of them. He has lived next door to me since I can remember, as his father and mine are quite close. In fact, Reggie and his parents are coming over in minutes  for a neighborly dinner.

I hear a rapturous knocking at the door. Ah, that'll be him now then.

I made my way towards the door as my mom decided I should always be the one to receive the Mantle family.

"Mr. Mantle, Mrs. Mantle, Reggie." I greeted with a slight edge to my voice than normal. "Mom has set dinner up already, so just grab a chair."

Mentally, I rolled my eyes. Reggie was quite annoying. We hated eachother. Everyone except our parents knows it.

As we sat down at the dinner table, my father kicked off the conversation, adressing Reggie. "So, Reggie. How's this year treating you? Enjoying your class mates?"

"Most of them," he answered taking a short sip from his water. "There's just this one group of kids I cannot stand."

I let my fork clash against the glass plate. Everyone in the dinner party looked up, and I smiled my apology.

Reggie didn't catch the hint, and went on with his endeavors. "Archie Andrews. Man, that guy. Coach Clayton offered him the position of captain before me. And don't even get me started on that emo freak Jugh-"

"Stop it right now, Reginald." I said, as calmly as I could muster. I was trying to keep my cool. These are my best friends he's talking about. But when he brought Jughead into it, I was livid.

"Oh, I'm sorry y/n. Didn't mean to offend Riverdale's version of Marilyn Manson."

"Cut it out Reggie."

"Or what y/n? Or what? You gonna call on him to go all Harry Potter on me?"

I slammed my hands against the table. The wood stung my hands. I flung my chair backwards and stood up, pointing my finger at him. "You listen here, you listen well. Jughead, is none of your concern."

"Why is that? You in love with the poor bastard?"

"Matter of fact I am. Thanks very much. Now kindly leave my house and never come back if you can help it."

With that, I stormed up to my room, slamming the door behind me. I replayed the shocked look on Reggie's face. I knew school tomorrow was going to be hell.

×××

The very next day, I couldn't be bothered. My friends all crowded about my locker awaiting my arrival. I smiled kindly at the faces of Betty, Veronica, Kevin, Archie, and Cheryl. I didn't know where Jughead was. He had probably heard about Reggie's visit last night and didnt want anything to do with me.