Chapter 14 - Starting Over

It’s been a while since I uploaded so I hope you like this. New things are happening in the chapter… hope I don’t confuse you.

Thanks’ to all of you who continue to vote for my story.

Chapter 14

Jake POV

It has been about a week since I’ve been out of the hospital, and it seems that everything has gone back to normal. Mom went back to her normal self, constantly busy with some royal problem, all the girls fighting for my attention ( which I am getting so tired of). The only thing that was different was me, whenever someone was talking to me, I would not be listening 100% percent. What the heck was wrong with me. I wasn’t focusing on my duties, at night I couldn’t sleep, my life is a utter mess, and you want to know what the main reason was…

… yeah you guessed right Kate. I mean she lied to me I should be angry with her but all I could think about is that she’s with that self center prick. I remembered her beautiful brown eyes looking at my with regret and sadness as she tried to apologies.

I groaned with frustration, I can be such a stupid a*s  at times, I should have stuck around and listened to her but I made my anger get the best of me.

I heard a light knock on my door.

“You may come in” I spoke while trying to keep any emotion in my voice.

“Your majesty” one of my servants greeted.

‘’We have just received word that the annual ball has been postponed due to the opening of the new school, next week”

I groaned remembering my father talking about the school that would change everything. You see it was not a custom for royals and commoners (normal people) to be at the same school, and yes I did break that rule when I went to school but anyway, father thought it would be a good way for us to interact with the people and let them get to know us, so that when we took our leader positions they would trust us.

But what my father doesn’t realize is that not every royal is friendly and some will think they are superior to the commoners and don’t think for one second that all the commoners like us either, I know some of them think we are stuck people who got lucky enough to be born into royalty. And for some of us that was true”

“Thank You Steven” He bowed and exited the room.

School was officially opening on Friday, which I think they should wait until Monday like normal people, but father said that if orientation was on Friday then Monday could start as a normal school day, but we all know that school will be anything but normal, this is going to be crazy.

Kate’s POV (one week later)

As soon as I made it back from the gym Eric called, I rolled my eyes and contemplated answering it, but I knew if I ignored it he would just keep calling.

Sighing I answered the call “Good Morning babe” I cringed at him calling me that. Why oh why was I cursed to marry this guy.

“Hi” I reluctantly responded back.

“well I have some good news and bad news”

Pff what can be worse than marrying you, you no good arrogant selfish—“He cut of my inward rant

“ So which do you want first”

‘What’s the good news?”

“Well father wants me to work with the royal family, to see how they deal with business so that we can learn to run our country better, when we’re married”