[ 35 ] Bob the Bouncer

Song: Paris in the rain - Lauv

Speaking to him before the concert flew out the window.

With nothing else to do, Freddie convinced me to stand at the back of the arena watching the whole concert. If I wasn't going to lie, it did feel pretty creepy to watch River with another 19999 people. It felt like I was somehow spying on him.

Regardless, at the sound of his voice again I was gone. Whatever you want to call it. My heart went. I swooned. Et cetera. He wasn't going to learn that anyway. He had his intro song before going into a song that the crowd loved and a much slower one. A moment later, the flashlights from the phone were out as people waved their hands to the song.

I was amazed. Never in my life did I imagine that River could play the piano. Never in my life.

But there he was. His fingers gliding over the keys as he sang. A second later, the song came to an end and he gave his final word. I tried not to shivver at the sound of hus voice again.

"Thank you, thank you!" His voice echoed around the arena as he grinned. River laughed when a girl at the front yells we love you. I snorted. So do I. "Aw, I love you all too!"

When they all calm down after a moment, his voice boomed through the arena again. "So I think we can all agree that it's been a wonderful night so far!" Everyone screamed in agreement as I saw Freddie lean back from the corner of my eye.

"And I feel like I owe this all to one girl." The camera men zoomed in on his face and project it onto the screen. "This wouldn't ever have happened without her and well, I kinda messed it up with her," I held my breath for a second as he pauses, looking down. "And, I can't really fix it."

If he dare said Clara, then someone was going to wake up with a bruised face. I was dead serious.

"I know that she can't hear me right now but I just want to thank her for everything she's done since I never got to tell her this in person." I found myself smiling when his beam returns to his face. God, he was such an idiot. I was standing right there. Right there in front of him.

"And, give her the credit that she never got because she deserves it. I'm not going to give her whole name because I know she'll murder me," the crowd went wild again as he laughed. "So please, can we have it for Kayla! Anyway, I'll be right back after a guest appearance from my dear friends Dua Lipa and Alesso.

I grinned like a lunatic as everyone burst into applause and shouts. I couldn't believe it. This was all for me. Just me. All these people were going mad for me.

When I zoned in again, he's gone. Disappeared. I panicked looking at Freddie. "Where'd he go?" I asked but Freddie only holds his hand to his ear signalling that he can't hear me.

Forget it.

I felt a sudden surge of confidence as I pushed my way through the crowd of people exiting the arena. I was going to speak to him. I was going to do it.

Vaguely, I heard Freddie call after me but I ignored it, instead focusing on exiting the arena and getting myself backstage. Stupidly enough, I didn't realise that I definey wasn't going to be allowed in.

I begged in my knees, my hair sticking up in all directions. "I swear! I'm not some sort of crazy fan. I actually know him, I-I was the one he was talking about when he said about Kayla. My names Mckayla!"

The two bouncers snorted, whilst blocking the entrance. "Sure, and I'm Bob Marley." The other guy laughed at his joke as if it were the most hilarious thing as I stared at him.

That wasn't even funny.

To be fair, it was probably a sort of joke that I'd make. There was no way that I could make him believe that I wasn't a crazy fan and that that I actually was the director of one of his videos. I didn't think that I'd need to come into work with some sort of ID.

And whilst lying on the floor with messy hair, I was probably looking more lovesick teen than professional director.

Oh shenanigans.

The one who cracked the oh-so-amazing joke looks at me smirking, "I'm pretty sure it's after your bedtime so let us escort you to the exit."

They laughed again as he picked me up and starts walking whilst carrying me. I thrashed around, "Excuse me! I am not a little kid who had a bedtime. I'm actually a 24 year old so kindly let go-"

He snorted again. "And I'm five years old."

I was beginning to really hate this guy. This wasn't even funny anymore.

I thanked my lucky stars when I heard a voice from the backstage doors. "Mckayla? Is that you?!" The bouncer spun around and I saw Harley standing there, as flamboyant as ever.

"Thank god it's you!" I exhaled, yanking myself away from the bouncer and towards him, as Harley tutted.
"Leave it to you. Always making a scene," he said, rolling his eyes before grabbing me arm. "Now hurry up and get it."

I followed him in the midst of people running around like crazy, "Uh, so everything okay back here?" The way that the place was utter chaos was saying differently.

"Honey, you haven't seen half of it," I nodded vaguely, looking around at the costumes everywhere. On the floor, by the dressing tables, literally everywhere.

"And, are you not going to ask how I'm not surprised that you're here?" Harley asked me as I snorted. I'd had enough of people knowing things about me that I didn't even know.

I raised an eyebrows humouring him, "Since you're so eager to tell me, let me ask you. How did you know that I'd be here?" Harley grinned back running his hands together as I prepared myself for some long-arse strong.

"Freddie text me," he said, looking somewhat proud of himself. I found that I wasn't surprised at all. These two late-thirty year olds seemed to have more control over my love-life than I ever did.

A wierd feeling in my stomach interrupted my thought. I gulped. I knew that feeling too well. Yep, it was the dreadful butterflies.

"Here," Harley said, pushing a chocolate bar into my hands. "Chocolate is supposed to make people happy. You could do this!"
The next thing I knew, I was being thrust forward by Harley into the room in the corner. I landed on the floor with a thud and heard Harley slam the door behind me. Quickly, I shoved the chocolate bar into my pocket. What on Earth-

Pursing my lips, I nodded to myself as I hear Harley lock the numerous locks on the door. Yep, keep it coming. Puffing, I push myself up from the ground and dust my hands.

Leave it to Harley to randomly lock me in an empty room.

"Kayla? What-"

My head flipped up, strands of hair from my battle with the bouncer, flying everywhere. I knew that voice. Harley did not just lock me in a room with-

Oh, fluttery.

Eeek! I'm so excited guys!!
KiwiAndKoalas x