[ 3 ] Incredibe Innuendos

Song: Feel It Still - Portugal

Song: Feel It Still - Portugal. The Man

•••

"No," I repeated for the umpteenth time. There was no way that I'd be working with that twat. What were the chance that I'd end up speaking to somebody that I raced against at an airport? One is a gazillion seemed too little. "I'm dreaming," I said, pinching myself.

I was pretty sure that a bruise was already forming under my arm. Harley decided to laugh as he pressed his hands against his hips. "Yes, darling. This is definitely a dream come true." He bursted out laughing at his play on words. I stayed still, too dazed to acknowledge him. "Besides, I wanted to say that I absolutely loved the cat walk you did on the escalators!" He whistled. "Gosh, it was so skills! If only you'd remembered to take of the sale tag from the suitcase, if you know what I mean."

That broke me out from my gaze. I fumbled towards my cabin bag and sure enough, a bright red sticker adorned it. I tore it off and crumpled it into a ball whilst muttering to myself, "I don't have a clue how I'm going to handle this."

Honestly? I didn't.

He laughed as does a few people from the crowd behind him, also know as my crew. What a great way to treat your new team member, I thought sarcastically. "Darling please! If you don't know how to handle this," Harley pointed at himself, "Then I wish you the utmost luck with River or as I say, Rivvy, darling. This is going to be amusing."

Rivvy? I thought to myself. Who the hell is she? I crinkled my forehead as the other laughed around me. Giving up, I asked, "Who's she?" Harley laughed, clutching his chest as if it were the stupidest thing he's ever heard.

"Honey? River's a guy, babe. I think you'll know that for sure when you see him," he raised an eyebrow at me.

I rolled my eyes. Because that definitely gave me more information. A girl who looked a few years older than me stepped forward from the crowd.

I watched as she replied, noticing how dainty her nose was, "Did Kathryn not tell you? Like come on, we're talking about the River Romano!"

I paused. "River Romano," I say to myself. It rang a few bells in my head. Judging by the looks on the others face, I was supposed to have some sort of reaction.
Harley tutted at me before sniggering, "Don't let him know that you didn't know he who was. Girl, he'd be offended! I thought Kaitlyn would have explained everything?" He shook his head, gesturing wilding with his hands, "Leave it to her to bake some bread in her oven and chuck in a stupid girl as a job replacement."

Everyone laughed.

Bread?

Oven?