[ 26 ] Playing Along

By the end of it, I'd decided on an affordable red dress

By the end of it, I'd decided on an affordable red dress. Sure, it was lovely but my heart was still set on the blue one.

But by now you would know that I wasn't going to spend $69900 on it.

I wasn't ashamed of not being able to afford that. Like come on, I'm pretty sure that not everyone has that amount of money to flash out like that.

What I didn't expect was for Harley to say that in front of the whole crew.

I hissed at him to shut up but he aired me. "Well, there was this totally g-or-geous dress there but poor Mckayla didn't have enough pocket money..."

Pocket money? Who did he think I was? A seven year old? I sighed frustrated, knowing that he was genuinely unaware of how much he was embarrassing me.

But for god's sake, could he not take a hint?!

Clara arched an eyebrow, amused whilst popping some rip off olive into her mouth. She reclined back on a lounger like Cleopatra or something, whilst some people cooed and others sniggered.

Great. Now I was having my financial life discussed in front of millionaires.

River who was on his phone, leant forward suddenly interested in the conversation. I felt his eyes on me as I shuffled around uncomfortably. "Wait, what's this?"

Right, here comes the cherry on top.

I groaned as Harley began some epic arse story about our journey and of course the dress.

To be honest, I didn't even want the damn dress by now. Okay, maybe I did but it definitely wasn't worth this embarrassment.

After five minutes my hand was buried in my face, as I whined at Harley. "Oh for god's sake, please stop?"

Aired again. What a surprise.

He looked at me innocently, probably acknowledging my presence for the first time. "Oh darling, did you want me to stop?"

Clenching my first, I took a deep breath taking this pause as a chance to change the subject.

"River, did you get a chance to write my thing? Don't worry if not, I'll just do it now if you haven't," I asked, smiling in glee as Harley's face dropped when everyone went back into their own conversation.

Hah.

He grinned beckoning me over, to the seat on the sofa beside him. I'd grown antibodies against the glares from Little Miss Gonzales.