[ 24 ] Missing to be Found

What the hell was wrong with me?

Here I was, kissing a singer who's video I was supposed to be directing. Wasn't this illegal?

Even though I was panicking, I knew that deep down I loved the swarm of butterflies that erupted in me. And that, was what scared me.

Something began to register in my head and I broke away, trying not to meet his eyes. This was definitely the most embarrassing situation I'd been in and trust me, I'd been in a lot of bad situations. "Uh, I've um. I've gotta go, to um.. Yeah, I've uh got to go-"

Without letting him speak, I grabbed my phone and made a runner.

My mind was whizzing with thoughts.

Did I initiate that?

Where am I going right now?

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I'm gonna have to see home when the video gets released, aren't I?

Did he use Vaseline 'cause damn those lips were softer than last time?

Groaning, I ditched the lift and chose the stairs running as far as I could. Hell, I felt like a twisted version of Cinderella.

"Just keep running, just keep running,"
I repeated again and again under my breath in the Finding Nemo tune that randomly popped into my head.

Why on Earth do I always manage to ruin things? How do I manage to ruin everything bloody thing? There I was with a huge teddy, handbag and chocolates and I need to blow it.

I shook my head. I had less that a week left and I couldn't hold my shiz together. Typical.

When I'm sure that the footsteps behind me stop, I slowed taking a breath of air. My hand automatically came up to touch my lips. Did that really happen?

Get a damn grip, Mckayla and piece yourself together.

That seemed to snap me back into reality and I looked around to see myself at the lounge again. A quick look at my watch told me I still had fifteen minutes of my birthday left.

So I do the one think that you definitely shouldn't do. I bought a drink.

-xXx-

The squishy thing under my head was comfortable. And I mean comfortable comfortable. More comfortable than a pillow from The Plaza Hotel and that was saying something.

After opening my sticky eyes, I realised that it was my arm. Let's pretend that didn't happen.

Grogily running my face, I looked at the clock in the corner that read three o'clock.