[ 17 ] Food Baby Fiasco

Song: Cold Water - Major Lazer, Justin Bieber

•••

There isn't a single place where you feel as much pressure as you do when you're ordering people's food. The subway lady looked at me expectantly.

Oh fuck. I looked at River, who just snorted at me. Harley thought it would be hilarious to give me the job of ordering everyone's food. Did he think I had a visual form of photographic memory? At this point I wished I did. "Uh, so could we 2 oven roasted chicken, a... um, veggie delight and," I looked at River for help.

He grinned at me, raising his eyebrows, "Oh, do you need help?"

No, I had a fetish for stumbling on my words. "The spicy one?"

The bored lady blinked at me, "The Spicy Italian." I swore Arielle said something like that. Or did she say anything not spicy.

One of the two.

"Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki," River said from above me, finally deciding to chip in. I ignored the glare from the people behind me for taking so long.

Begrudgingly, I met River's eyes. "What did Clara want? A salad or something?" Of course she wouldn't risk ruining her figure for a Subway.

I on the other hand didn't care. Besides I didn't even have a model figure that I had to lose. His eyes shined mischievously, "Yeah. I think I know the perfect salad for her."

To be honest, I did feel slightly bad for buying Clara a full fat salad but in my defence, it was River's idea.

River juggled the subway rolls and salad in his arms. "Let me carry some," I said, trying to take some but he lifts his arms higher.

He laughed, "No honestly, I'm fine. I'm not gonna miss a chance to flex muscles." I looked around subway to see that the seating area was pretty empty apart from our crew and a group of elderly ladies.

I laughed under my breath. "Oh, you're a man who prefers older women," I watched as he looks at me, momentarily disturbed. "Don't worry I won't judge." I said before quickly jetting away, a grin plastered on my face as he called after me.

I dished out the Subway rolls to everyone, thanking God that I hadn't forgot anything. Clara jeeringly looked at me like I'm dirt, "My salad?"

I held the words on the tip of my tongue, "River's got it." She nodded at me, dismissing me. Heck, I was more than happy to clear off.