Epilogue

"Darling! It's going to be fine

"Darling! It's going to be fine. You look fantabulous! It will all go well!" Harley said to me, sorting out my hair.

It was fine for him. He wasn't walking down the aisle with reporters watching his every move. Since my first music video two years ago, everything seemed to have shot up for me. It was great that I'd made my breakthrough but there was the downside that the news of my wedding had spread like wildfire. Especially with a globally known singer. I heard a snort behind me, "Watch how she trips on her dress or something."

I puffed, rolling my eyes, "Freddie, you really aren't helping with the nerves."

There I was panicking my head off, and he thought it would be oh so funny to make it even worse. I didn't really expect more from him.

The door to the room swung open and mum rushed it. "Mckayla, I'm seriously swooning my head off. I just saw River and he looks in-cre-di-ble!"

I groaned, putting my head in my hands. I really didn't need a twisted image of my mother fawning over my fiancé, soon to be husband. "Mum, you can't just say that. It's-It's disturbing!" She was putting more and more pressure on me to look perfect. Who was I kidding?

I was going to look like a shrimp next to a Greek god.

That was unless I magically transformed into somebody as good looking as Clara or something. Speaking of the devil, two people strolled into the room. "Mckayla? Oh my god! You look incredible!"

My eyes lifted up and a small smile made its way onto my face. Thank god they made it. "Clar, Joel! You made it! Didn't you have a show in Tokyo?"

I watched as she spun the wedding ring that was on her fourth finger. It's pair was on Joel's finger. "That wasn't as important as your wedding, silly! Of course, we'd make it."

After nodding at her, I focused more on... well let's say, more pressing issues. Like how the heck I was expected to walk in 5 inch heels. Okay, I understood that I was quite smaller than River but still. It would probably have been a better idea to practise walking in them beforehand.

I shot Spencer a thankful look when he ushered everyone out of the room apart from my family. The sound of bells rang through the church as nausea rushed through me. My eyes widened as I very well recognised that feeling.

The butterflies erupted.

Oh fuckety.

Squeaking my eyes shut, I took a deep breath and focused. This was the day that I'd been waiting for my whole life. Well, mum had probably been waiting with a lot more urgency than me but still. It would go well. It had to.

The minutes flew past and a second later my dad was by my side. "You good? This is our cue. Are you ready?"

Heck no. Was it too late to back out? I wished there was a way out where I could get married without all this fuss. Alas, it was too late. "Ready," I said half-heartedly, following out of the room. My first thought was how I didn't get a damn chance to try walking in these shoes. I'd later end up paying the price.