Chapter 23- bad hair and awkward encounters

I opened my eyes to a big headache and dry flaky eyes. I was still tangled in yesterday's clothes and makeup, and my hair was flat, only slightly resembling what I had styled my hair to yesterday.

I got up off the bed and wiped the drool pooling from my mouth.

I brushed through my tangled hair with my fingers and put it into a VERY messy ponytail.

I splashed my face with cold water and rubbed off any excess makeup, and the crusty skin building around my eyes.

I must have cried myself to sleep. It hurts even thinking about the hurt I went through. Or should I say going through.

I look through my handbag and find: a few tissues, gum, my purse, my phone, some spare makeup, receipts and £6.70 change at the bottom.

I put on the concealer, mascara and lip gloss, from my spare makeup, and slip a piece of gum in my mouth, so my breath won't smell of a corpse.

I took the room key and walked out to the lobby, placing the key in my bag.

"Would it be ok if I just pop out for a bit?" I croak to the receptionist.

"Of course, I'll see you later" She smiles at me. I try to smile back and walk over to my car, and quickly drive home.

I walk up to the big wooden door, and open it to a supposedly empty house. Everything was silent, and was exactly how I left it.

I go over to my room and the bed had been used. The sheets were messed up, and the pillow had a dip in it.

Quickly, I pack as many clothes as I could into my holdall, and all of my essentials.

As I fast as I could, I raced out of my room, only to be faced with the person I wanted to see least.

I look down at my shoes, waiting for this awkward encounter to go somewhere.

"So this is it huh?" Dan asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I think so" I sigh.

"Look Erin, we can make it work trust me I promi-" He starts rambling.

"Dan" I interrupt his train of thought. "its not going to work, I'm sorry" I walk past him and, for the second time, he takes my arm.

"Erin please I can't live without you, you have no idea what I've been feeling like, I can't go the rest of my life knowing that I let you slip through my fingers-" he says, tears pooling in his eyes.

"I didn't slip through your fingers Dan, you let me go" I pull my arm back, and walk to my car, wiping off the tears coming from my face in the process.

"Erin!" Dan yells from the door. I get into my car and drive away as fast as I could. I stop at a small lay by, and whack my hands on my wheel, and bury my head into my hands.

Tears stream like waterfalls down my cheeks and drip onto my hands and steering wheel.

Cars were whizzing past me, creating blurrs. Every one had its own story, a place to go, and a reason. I have too, and mine is that my boyfriend was a dick, and just couldn't keep his hands off the prettier and skinnier girls.

I started up my car again, and drove to the hotel I was staying at.

I walked up to my room, put in the key card, and walked in. Everything was the same from when I left.

I looked at my phone, I had 38 missed calls from Dan, and 73 texts from him.

I put my phone back into my bag, and hung all of my clothes in the wardrobe.