Chapter 22- empty chest

"Erin?... it's jess" My breath stops in my throat. My hands immediately start shaking.

"J-jess?" I quiver. "Is it really you?"

"Yeah... I'm so sorry" She says.

"Sorry? I've had months off work because I couldn't cope with you gone!" I yell.

"I know, but there's something more important I need you to know, just check out Marcus' new video" Quickly she hangs up, leaving me to question what's going on.

Curiously, I take out my laptop and look at Marcus' new video.

Summer in the city partay!

I click on the video and wonder why jess made me watch it... then it happens.

My eyes start welling up, and I can't breathe, everything I hoped Dan wouldn't do... happened.

1. Didn't come home last night

2.got too drunk

3. Did something stupid

And it just so happens, the stupid thing he did was kiss Grace Helbig. It was in the corner of the screen, so insignificant to anything else, but it was very significant to me.

All of my thoughts and feelings crumbled around me and tears streamed down my face.

The comments were flooding in.

What the hell Dan what about Erin?!!!

OMG Dan you've really got yourself into a pickle

I ship Dan and grace way more than Dan and Erin.

Dan... why?!

Just at the time I shut my laptop, I hear the door unlock.

"Erin?" It's Dan. I couldn't possibly stay here, look at him, or even hear his voice.

"Are you home?" Instead of cowering away, I walk up to Dan.

"Erin what happened?" He goes to hug me, but I push his arms away. Hurt instantly flashes across his features.

"How dare you?" I sneer.

"What did I do?" Great.

"Look at Marcus' new video, and then see what you 'did' oh and p.s... Were over Dan" I grab my handbag and race out of the door and to my car.

As I reach my car, Dan comes and runs after me, and grabs my arm.

"Get the hell off me!" I yell, pulling back.

"Just tell me what I did!"

"You wanna know?" I laugh at him, pitying him.

"Yes please!"

"You fucking kissed grace that's what! Everything I hoped you wouldn't do you did! You, are dead to me" I scowl at him and get in my car, driving away as fast as I could.

Just as I reach a hotel car park. I look around. Everything was silent, and the clouds were dark and you could tell it was going to rain really heavily soon.

I climb out of my car, with just my handbag, still dressed in my work clothes.

I could tell everything between me and Dan had gone too fast, the kisses the 'I love you's' the random hugs and home cooked meals. It all makes me smile, everything we went through together.

The day we met seems so close. But each time I think of something good, the picture of him kissing grace keeps popping up.

I know he was drunk, and didn't know what was going on, but he shouldn't have accepted the drinks anyway. He promised me.

I climb out of my car, handbag hooked over my shoulder, and trudge to the doors.

"Do you have any rooms?" I ask the woman at front desk.

"Yes we have, single, double or suite?"

"Just a single please" I mumble.

"Ok how many nights?"

"I'm not quite sure yet just put me down for three"

"Ok..." she types some stuff on her computer. "Here's your key, have a nice stay" She smiles at me and I try to give her my best smile back, but I'm sure I just ended up looking like a lost retarded goat.

I reach the door of my hotel room and unlock it, stumbling inside. I throw my bag on the floor and flop straight onto the bed.

I find myself staring at the ceiling, like I did when I lost jess, it's seems to be my thing.

The ceiling was boring and plain, with nothing to focus on whatsoever, just white.

I look out of the window and saw the rains drops sliding down the glass. I walk over shakily, and sit on the big windowsill, leaning my forehead against the cool glass.

I watched as each individual raindrop slid down the window, and I watched it as a race.

Everything was silent. Apart from my long heavy sighs and the sound of the rain pattering against the glass.

It was soothing, and made me want to just close my eyes, and go to a place where everything was, relaxed, calm and I didn't care what happened. But I needed to be in the right place, and state of mind.

Everything inside of me was on a low, like a sugar rush had just worn out, and all I wanted to do was crawl away.

My chest was empty, and my body ached all over. Everything I once had was gone, into oblivion.

I, by rights, was not meant to be the one to leave, I could've been at home right now, but instead I had to run away.

I given him my everything, my love, my trust and there he goes, with one simple movement, and breaks it all.

Right now I need someone to talk to, I'm afraid if I don't talk to anyone, I'll fall depressed and never be able to climb out from that deep dark hole again.

I look through my recent history, I find the unknown number that called me earlier.

By the fifth ring she picks up.

"Erin?"

"Yeah, it's me... I need someone to talk to" I confess.

"Oh... well my new Skype is Jesssy if you want to chat... 'almost' face to face?"

"Ok..." I hang up the phone and look for her contact. Clicking on it, I wait... and wait, and then her face pops up.

She was tanner, and her hair was a lot lighter.

"Hi..." she greets.

"Hey..."

•••

WWWAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ASDFGHJKL!!!!!

DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!!!!!

P.s thanks for over 600 reads :))) xx

~Erin x